corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » f20 driveshaft removal?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author f20 driveshaft removal?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jan 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a f20 on my redtop. Fitting the drivshafts and they didnt seat properly. Would stop by the time it got to here

So i tried hammering it in with still no luck. Want to take it out not and mesure the inner cv's to check if there deffinatly the right ones.
Wont come out now

Basicly whats the easyest way to remove it? If not the easyest whats the best?
Concidering the fact the car is only on axle stands so not alot of room to get a deecent size pry bar underneath it

thanks guys
Dan295

11th Jan 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they definitely the right cv's? sounds lke youve got the wrong ones, i find the best way to get them out is to effectively bump it. push in gently and then pull out hard, sometimes give it a twist as well to remove it from the grip of the thread
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might be because the seal is damaged. Is the shaft in the C.V? All I can say is keep pulling on it, to get it out.
lee mitchell

11th Jan 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure its not in as far as it goes. looks about right
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it goes all the way in untill its flush or close enough to being flush
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should go in flush.
Jed D

12th Jan 12 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the force
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How safe it it for me to drive with the shafts as they are??
Joe Edwards

12th Jan 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine were very very tight, pull pull pull have a brew and pull some more! They will come!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so its most deffinatly the wrong cv's

basicly i removed the diff pan and saw that the inner cv's wer touching the inside of the diff

will these cv's be safe to run with them sticking out as much as the picture in the original post as they are in far enough obviously, i will be getting a f16 box soon so will be getting new shafts and cv's obv when i get the box

so will it be safe to run for a few months?

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by FlaFFy_91]
Terry12

12th Jan 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't drive with the shaft not properly seated.
First off it may not seal properly and chuck the transmission fluid out. I'm assuming the outer CV will sit out more than normal now, effecting you suspension geometry.

I once had to change an F20 on my old Astra as it locked in second. When refitting the shafts that I had removed one was doing the exact same as yours. It was bottoming out before seating properly.

I chucked a spare shaft on which did seat correctly. It was a strange one that I never got to the bottom of.

New Poll