corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wahooo!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wahooo!
ed

User status: Offline
24th Jun 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found an inner CV that fitted my F20 from a Vectra 1.8.... But, the F20 was meant to use equal length driveshafts which bolt onto the block... There is nothing much holding the driveshaft on now, which could be a problem right? The CV had a little lock ring thingie on it but that seems to do nothing, can anyone shed any light on how to stop my driveshft popping out, or am I worrying over nothing because when the lot is assembled on the car it is held in place by the hubs?
Matt H

24th Jun 05 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean the circlip?

Im not sure how dangerous this would be but to the best of my knowledge its neccasery
ed

24th Jun 05 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, the driveshaft is held into the CV correctly, I meant where the CV attatches to the differential in the gearbox... Sorry, my technical descriptions aren't up to much at the moment... Been painting suff with rattle cans, mmmm fumes.
myke

24th Jun 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah there should be a wire type clip in the groove at the end of the cv that locks it in place.
Matt H

24th Jun 05 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
yeah there should be a wire type clip in the groove at the end of the cv that locks it in place.

circlip

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wahooo! 23 database queries in 0.0103860 seconds