corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games, Sponsored by Offday

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Games, Sponsored by Offday
Nismo

User status: Offline
11th Jan 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a goal from Ekotto
Nath

12th Jan 12 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Neither were bad tackles.

Both tackles won the ball so Kompany has every right to feel agreived.

Handy him being banned though :thumbsup:

Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
What's the odds on city winning jack shit.

Oh please make that happen.

Anyone but Yids for PL tho.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played well until we scored. Obviously had the game plan to try and take lead and then not commit anyone forward. When Speo went off injured we regressed even more, Adam passing backwards and sideways and Carroll left to feed off scraps. Can't believe we had 6 defenders on for the last 15 mins The result was all the mattered anyway, still lots to do in the 2nd leg.

Re Johnson tackle, Gerrard is 100% correct in what he said in his post match interview. City are getting stupid. Mancini was waving fake cards around when they won the penalty in the league game against us, then has a go at rooney for doing the same thing in the FA cup game, then appeals the Kompany tackle, and takes issue with Johnson's? If you are gonna moan, be consistent.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 12 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
You wonder about Mancini's man management. Ballo straight down tunnel. Subbed after 40 with no injury. Nasri miserable as fuck. Tevez situation.

Ballo was terrible, rubbed his knee a few times, generally had the rage, I think giving away a throw in space was probably the last straw.
Fro

12th Jan 12 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
What a goal from Ekotto

Would have been nothing special if not for the deflection tbh.
Fro

12th Jan 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Re Johnson tackle, Gerrard is 100% correct in what he said in his post match interview. City are getting stupid. Mancini was waving fake cards around when they won the penalty in the league game against us, then has a go at rooney for doing the same thing in the FA cup game, then appeals the Kompany tackle, and takes issue with Johnson's? If you are gonna moan, be consistent.

So you can't see where he is coming from in that, if Kompany was sent off for his challenge then Johnson should have walked too?

If not you need to take you rose tinted specs off
Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Played well until we scored. Obviously had the game plan to try and take lead and then not commit anyone forward. When Speo went off injured we regressed even more, Adam passing backwards and sideways and Carroll left to feed off scraps. Can't believe we had 6 defenders on for the last 15 mins The result was all the mattered anyway, still lots to do in the 2nd leg.

Carroll feeding off scraps? He couldn't feed off a 7 course meal tbh. Lost his mojo.
Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

So you can't see where he is coming from in that, if Kompany was sent off for his challenge then Johnson should have walked too?

Yep. Mancini was making a good point. If kompany has gone so should have Johnson. Inconsistancy is the root of many issues in football.

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly, but they need to learn these things happen and whilst the game is refereed by a human being there is always going to be inconsitancys, or unfair decisions, there always has and always will be, needs to just get on with the job in hand
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also to add i bet if city had won the united game then we wouldnt have heard half of these loud noises going on, just people looking for excuses
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 12 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Re Johnson tackle, Gerrard is 100% correct in what he said in his post match interview.
It was clear he'd not even seen it and just denied it outright anyway. Johnson was lucky Lescott landed out of the way, they were close enough that he could just have easily have gone over the top and made something more spectacular out of it.

Differs from Kompany because he went in against a run, last night it was almost a free ball which wasn't the case for the Man Derby.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Yes but he thinks that Kompany's wasn't a sending off FFS. Neither was dangerous, or even particularly wreckless. Referee's are inconsistent, that doesn't mean he should contradict himself and try and get our players sent off. Whoever said we need technology is right, it's getting stupid now.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Carroll feeding off scraps? He couldn't feed off a 7 course meal tbh. Lost his mojo.

Any striker would have struggled with those tactics today tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 12 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yep. Mancini was making a good point. If kompany has gone so should have Johnson. Inconsistancy is the root of many issues in football.
Not a good point is it, the ball and the players were in different positions.

So they both went it with two feet? As I'm aware that isn't a blanket decision, still need some discretion. I agree it's a bit audacious to get away with it but I wouldn't agree that because they're both two footed they both need the same outcome.
Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Foy has set the level now. 2 footed (even if ball won) is red.
Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Looks a lazy half hearted sod to me. If I was in shit form, i'd ensure I was fit as possible, and every game i'd be chasing every ball down, pressurising keepers, etc etc hoping to create a chance for myself.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Re Johnson tackle, Gerrard is 100% correct in what he said in his post match interview.
It was clear he'd not even seen it and just denied it outright anyway. Johnson was lucky Lescott landed out of the way, they were close enough that he could just have easily have gone over the top and made something more spectacular out of it.

Differs from Kompany because he went in against a run, last night it was almost a free ball which wasn't the case for the Man Derby.

These kind of tackles always spark this kind of debate, look at Spearing's in the Fulham game, Milijas against Arsenal and these two latest tackles. It's nothing new in reality, but the inconsist decision making by referee's lately (and appeal process) makes you wonder what they are being told to do by the FA. I understand why they try to implement harsh rules on tackles that are deemed as dangerous (straight red), and wreckless (supposed to be yellow) but the interpretation of what is seen as dangerous/wreckless differs from one referee to another, and seemingly from one FA panel to another too. I think they need to stop with the obsession over 'two footed' and take into account whether the ball was 'free' to be won more and the angle in which the two players went into the tackle. Nothing will happen though, and the game will continue to get 'softer'. It's pretty silly when you think about it, we have 4 officials with ear pieces talking to eachother, why not take 2-3 seconds to view a replay and get the big decisions right?
Cavey

12th Jan 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Foy has set the level now. 2 footed (even if ball won) is red.

And the FA have shafted themselves by backing him up too.

If it had happened to a utd player Steve you'd be raging for days about Johnson last night, likewise the Liverpool fans on here.

I don't suppot City, but if Kompany gets a red for a fair tackle where he gets the ball, then Johnson should of done as well. Unfortunately.
Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All we want is consistancy.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say you should forget intention, where the ball is etc etc and all it should boil down to is was there a serious chance of injury in that challenge, if so then red.

Kompanys challenge could have ended in very serious injury indeed, and it gets on my tits the amount im hearing "he went for the ball" it doesnt f-ing matter if he went for the ball, he wasnt in control, was two footed and only by chance nani read it and leaped if he stuck sure footed that was an almost definite injury waiting to happen
Cavey

12th Jan 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I completely disagree with reviewing these tackles in game. As you said to, its the refs interpretation, what's to say he wouldn't watch the replay and stick by his own decision anyway, that'd be 30 seconds-2 mins wasted already.

If you're taking it out of the refs hands completely and leaving it to a 4th official to give a decision then that's just pointless, and will never happen
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 12 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Kompanys challenge could have ended in very serious injury indeed, and it gets on my tits the amount im hearing "he went for the ball" it doesnt f-ing matter if he went for the ball, he wasnt in control, was two footed and only by chance nani read it and leaped if he stuck sure footed that was an almost definite injury waiting to happen
Yeah, which is different to yesterday.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Looks a lazy half hearted sod to me. If I was in shit form, i'd ensure I was fit as possible, and every game i'd be chasing every ball down, pressurising keepers, etc etc hoping to create a chance for myself.

I'm not saying he had a good game. His touch was poor on many occasions and his decision making in certain situations was poor but I was keeping an eye on him up their on his own and he worked pretty hard chasing lost causes in the main. My point wasn't about how he performed, it was about the team played. Strikers with a bit more pace may have done a bit better, but Carroll was never going to create anything in their half on his own for 70% of the game.
Cavey

12th Jan 12 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If lescott actually went for the ball, there was a very good chance he could of snapped his ankle, he saw the dive in and pulled out of it?

Happy to be proved wrong if there's anything on YouTube?

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games, Sponsored by Offday 23 database queries in 0.1070790 seconds