corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Coffee geeks in here please...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coffee geeks in here please...
Tiger

User status: Offline
9th Jan 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use dualit electric percolator and usually Lavazza coffee or buy beans and get them ground, that way I can specify the coarseness of the grind and resulting taste from different grinds. I find percolators are the simplest way to get the strongest coffee. I have some stuff that is so strong it keeps me awake for 12 hrs from drinking it, and I drink quite a bit of coffee.
BeetleGav

10th Jan 12 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah gaggia's are good, useto sell alot of the classics in my store.
pod machines are abit shit in my opinion, limited to what and where you can get them.

fresh coffee is the best tbh. but im lucky that i have access to it and a ditting grinder that grinds it to whatever preference i want.

just got a bag of blue mountain 18quid for 125g, expensive but very good. kenya peaberry is another good coffee, mild but very tasty i want a brew now!
deano87

10th Jan 12 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad had a Gaggia which broke in about 2 months. Got a full refund but wasn't impressed baring in mind the cost.

I've got the De'longhi I listed and it has been perfect.
Marc

10th Jan 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think there is anything wrong with Gold Blend
John

10th Jan 12 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Dad had a Gaggia which broke in about 2 months. Got a full refund but wasn't impressed baring in mind the cost.

What Gaggia, the plastic ones aren't very good, the classic is a big iron and steel box, quality is very good.
3CorsaMeal

10th Jan 12 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
yeah gaggia's are good, useto sell alot of the classics in my store.
pod machines are abit shit in my opinion, limited to what and where you can get them.

fresh coffee is the best tbh. but im lucky that i have access to it and a ditting grinder that grinds it to whatever preference i want.

just got a bag of blue mountain 18quid for 125g, expensive but very good. kenya peaberry is another good coffee, mild but very tasty i want a brew now!

had both them coffees too

ever tried australian skybury, thats another nice one
Whittie

10th Jan 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
If you are recently going from instant, and are new to proper coffee then you probs will be best with a Nespresso machine tbh, who Marc sells for. I've got one and think its the dogs danglies.

What do you drink? espresso, cappucino etc??

Whats your budget, do you want to grind your own beans etc or would you prefer an easy/no mess option.

If you have a decent budget and don't mind cleaning equipment then i'd deffo say get an espresso machine and a grinder to grind your own beans. If you want quick, easy option with no fuss then Nespresso is a great option.

I do love a nice cappuccino in a coffee shop, but atm just drink instant, so just a milk coffee. No mess option sounds better, but griding the beans sounds cool and would probs smell awesome.

I've seen £500 mentioned in here, I wouldn't pay that much incase I didn't use it as much as I hoped. So around the £150-200 max mark.

Just looking at Nespresso makers... no idea what the differences are. Think I need that fitty from the Trafford Center to talk it though with me
Chrissy
Premium Member

10th Jan 12 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I can gather from Nespresso's website.. To make a cappuccino you're probably going to want either the Citiz with Milk by Magimix or one of the Latissima range..

Edit: This is the one I've been looking at buying.

[Edited on 10-01-2012 by Chrissy]

>>>> Chris <<<<

John

10th Jan 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steamed if doing it properly.
Ben J

10th Jan 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Citiz and Milk. It's got the Aeroccino included, which is an awesome device!

Mine

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/product/citiz-coffee-machine-krups-xn7101-titanium

You can buy the Aeroccino seperate too. I'd potentially go for the new Pixie machine with a seperate Aeroccino. Its more portable then. I take mine with me if we go on self catering holiday in UK etc. If I was buying one now i'd get a Pixie with seperate Aeroccino.

Pixie

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/product/krups-pixie-electric-titan

Aeroccino

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/product/aeroccino-3-black

[Edited on 10-01-2012 by Ben J]
deano87

10th Jan 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

What Gaggia, the plastic ones aren't very good, the classic is a big iron and steel box, quality is very good.

Baby 2 I think it was called. About £400 iirc. Was right about time my Punto went wrong so I just put it down to Italian engineering De'longhi is Italian by made in China. Difference much
Chrissy
Premium Member

10th Jan 12 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've got a Citiz and Milk. It's got the Aeroccino included, which is an awesome device!

Mine

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/product/citiz-coffee-machine-krups-xn7101-titanium

You can buy the Aeroccino seperate too. I'd potentially go for the new Pixie machine with a seperate Aeroccino. Its more portable then. I take mine with me if we go on self catering holiday in UK etc. If I was buying one now i'd get a Pixie with seperate Aeroccino.

Pixie

Aeroccino

The website seems to say that the Krups Citiz and the Pixie range don't do cappuccinos.. Only Espresso and Lungo.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Ben J

11th Jan 12 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:

Mine

Pixie

Aeroccino

The website seems to say that the Krups Citiz and the Pixie range don't do cappuccinos.. Only Espresso and Lungo.

You need to buy the Aeroccino too. The coffee machine produces the espresso shot for a cappucino and the Aeroccino makes the warmed frothed milk.
Marc

11th Jan 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben you will spaff your pants (blood, shit, spunk and piss everywhere) at the presentation I've just had!
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what type of coffee do you like? i used to work in starbucks and have got a starbucks coffee machine, you put the ground coffee in (think its about £4 for a bag of espresso roast, which would prob last you about 20odd cups at least i reckon) You put the ground coffee in the filter (metal) It then creates espresso shots, which you can either have as they are, add boiling water for a "normal coffee" (and milk if you want) and it's also got a steam wand so you can steam the milk. if you allow more air into the milk when steaming it'll be like a cappacino or less air a latte. one thing though is you need to get the milk/boiling water ready first before you pour your shot otherwise it goes bad after approx 30 seconds. i wouldn't bother with one of these machines which make lattes etc all by themselves, they are crap, if you have a proper machine with a steam wand no reason you can't make a "starbucks or equivalent" coffee for about 30p at home. also to save the expense of a grinder most coffee places which sell the beans will grind it for you, and if you put it in the freezer it will keep fresh for ages.

[Edited on 11-01-2012 by Tom J]
deano87

11th Jan 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
what type of coffee do you like? i used to work in starbucks and have got a starbucks coffee machine, you i wouldn't bother with one of these machines which make lattes etc all by themselves, they are crap, if you have a proper machine with a steam wand no reason you can't make a "starbucks or equivalent" coffee for about 30p at home. also to save the expense of a grinder most coffee places which sell the beans will grind it for you, and if you put it in the freezer it will keep fresh for ages.

THIS.

Whittie - you aren't going to get much better than a De'Longhi for £200.

De'Longhi EC820

De'Longhi EC750

De'Longhi 710
Ben J

11th Jan 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Ben you will spaff your pants (blood, shit, spunk and piss everywhere) at the presentation I've just had!

Go on.... Spill!
Ben J

11th Jan 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
what type of coffee do you like? i used to work in starbucks and have got a starbucks coffee machine, you i wouldn't bother with one of these machines which make lattes etc all by themselves, they are crap, if you have a proper machine with a steam wand no reason you can't make a "starbucks or equivalent" coffee for about 30p at home. also to save the expense of a grinder most coffee places which sell the beans will grind it for you, and if you put it in the freezer it will keep fresh for ages.

THIS.

Whittie - you aren't going to get much better than a De'Longhi for £200.

De'Longhi EC820

De'Longhi EC750

De'Longhi 710

IMO you can get ALOT better than a DeLonghi if you want a trad espresso machine.

[Edited on 11-01-2012 by Ben J]
Ben J

11th Jan 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what type of coffee do you like? i used to work in starbucks and have got a starbucks coffee machine, you put the ground coffee in (think its about £4 for a bag of espresso roast, which would prob last you about 20odd cups at least i reckon) You put the ground coffee in the filter (metal) It then creates espresso shots, which you can either have as they are, add boiling water for a "normal coffee" (and milk if you want) and it's also got a steam wand so you can steam the milk. if you allow more air into the milk when steaming it'll be like a cappacino or less air a latte. one thing though is you need to get the milk/boiling water ready first before you pour your shot otherwise it goes bad after approx 30 seconds. i wouldn't bother with one of these machines which make lattes etc all by themselves, they are crap, if you have a proper machine with a steam wand no reason you can't make a "starbucks or equivalent" coffee for about 30p at home. also to save the expense of a grinder most coffee places which sell the beans will grind it for you, and if you put it in the freezer it will keep fresh for ages.

Tbh if you are going to use a trad expresso machine and therefore need to clean the group/s daily etc you might as well buy a grinder and clean that too!
Marc

11th Jan 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Go on.... Spill!

Kazaar is back next week. Online ordering only.
deano87

11th Jan 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
IMO you can get ALOT better than a DeLonghi if you want a trad espresso machine.

For £200? Show me.
BeetleGav

11th Jan 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yeah if you freeze the beans they will stay fresh for 3months. all whittards stores have a coffee grinder, but if you buy one you can pick on up for about 30 quid so not too expensive
Ben J

11th Jan 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

For £200? Show me.

I misunderstood. I thought you meant a £200 DeLonghi is as good as anything else, not that the limit was £200.
Ben J

11th Jan 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Go on.... Spill!

Kazaar is back next week. Online ordering only.

What's that?? Should I know?
Marc

11th Jan 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a limited edition September 2010. Intensity 12.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Coffee geeks in here please... 23 database queries in 0.1075850 seconds