corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Coffee geeks in here please...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coffee geeks in here please...
Ben J

User status: Offline
9th Jan 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Nespresso, who Marc sells for.

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
yes he can

Before I get an influx of orders, I don't sell for Nespresso! I work in customer service and don't work on commission or push machine sales! I can't get discount for others.

BUT

We do have a promotion on at the moment where if you buy a machines before end of this month you get £40-£60 of free coffee back.

You do deal with sales transactions though, which is what I meant.

[Edited on 09-01-2012 by Ben J]
Marc

9th Jan 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll let you off then!

Dolce Gusto contains powdered milk.
Russ

9th Jan 12 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc can get discounts everyone
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll let you off then!

Dolce Gusto contains powdered milk.

The Boutique at TC has run out of descaler kits and the warehouse has run out too supposedly. This true?

Also, any info on the new Nespresso shop thats opening at the TC? Is the Selfridges boutique shutting?

Marc

9th Jan 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh and the Boutique at TC has run out of descaler kits and the warehouse has run out too supposedly. This true?

Also, any info on the new Nespresso shop thats opening at the TC?

They are all in stock, we ran out for business machines but not yours.

No, couple of customers asked me other week and its news to me!
AlunJ

9th Jan 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Hmm not paying out for another machine

Isn't Dolce Gusto pretty must instant stuff in pods? Or am I wrong?

But If you like it then its fine isn't it tbh.

Probably tastes alright, I've got an aerocinno thingy for when I want to make the proper stuff that I acquired from work lost property, Brand new in the box with some nespresso pods lol, shame they didn't lose the nespresso machine as well.

[Edited on 09-01-2012 by AlunJ]
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Oh and the Boutique at TC has run out of descaler kits and the warehouse has run out too supposedly. This true?

Also, any info on the new Nespresso shop thats opening at the TC?

They are all in stock, we ran out for business machines but not yours.

No, couple of customers asked me other week and its news to me!

So the bint was lying then? Went in on Sat and she said they have none in and she checked and the warehouse is empty too, and she didn't know when they are coming in!

Theres a shop with the wooden hoardings up around it saying Nespresso store opening soon. Its pretty much opposite Selfridges too.

Also the hotty has left the Selfridges boutique. Not happy. Sort it Marc please.
AlunJ

9th Jan 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also the hotty has left the Selfridges boutique. Not happy. Sort it Marc please.

Still going on about her?
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously she was so so so so hot.
Russ

9th Jan 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Seriously she was so so so so hot.
sells mugs of tea for a living, sounds like a catch
AlunJ

9th Jan 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Useless without pics as you well know
Ben J

She was assistant mgr i'll have you know.
Marc

quote:
So the bint was lying then? Went in on Sat and she said they have none in and she checked and the warehouse is empty too, and she didn't know when they are coming in!

Theres a shop with the wooden hoardings up around it saying Nespresso store opening soon. Its pretty much opposite Selfridges too.

We ran out of stock of a few things but not them. Definately lying if she said non in warehouse.

I would have thought we would have been told by now, hope the Scots don't hear about it. They already have to travel to Manchester, finding out they chose another instead of Scotland might send them over the edge.
Ben J

Tried to get a pic but wasn't possible without looking perv or getting arrested.
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

We ran out of stock of a few things but not them. Definately lying if she said non in warehouse.

I would have thought we would have been told by now, hope the Scots don't hear about it. They already have to travel to Manchester, finding out they chose another instead of Scotland might send them over the edge.

Must be happening. Probs just moving the Selfridges one into a new shop. It gets a hammering so maybe needed a bigger store.
3CorsaMeal

9th Jan 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Marc can get discounts everyone

have you got a phone number for him mate?

will post this on corrado club too
3CorsaMeal

9th Jan 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i grind my beans in the morning and take my filter to work with me and drink it there too, also take it fishing, its brilliant, can't do that with a big machine that boils water and drips it through old dry coffee in a plastic pod
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i grind my beans in the morning and take my filter to work with me and drink it there too, also take it fishing, its brilliant, can't do that with a big machine that boils water and drips it through old dry coffee in a plastic pod

Totally incorrect tbh.

1. Nespresso machines don't boil water
2. Doesn't drip it through
3. Coffee in pods isn't "old"
4. Coffee in pods isn't "dry"

I've opened a pod and looked at the coffee grounds inside. They are hardly different to fresh ground, which i've also used many times both at home and commercially.

As I said before, your views are hindered by the blinkers you are wearing.

Also, back to original post by Whittie. The best option depends on his needs. Until we know that who can say whats best for him?

Stu

9th Jan 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nespresso!

Had my machine for 18 months now and I cant fault it! Well easy to operate, clean and maintain and I think the pods are pretty cheap especially if you join the club!
3CorsaMeal

9th Jan 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Totally incorrect tbh.

I've opened a pod and looked at the coffee grounds inside. They are hardly different to fresh ground, which i've also used many times both at home and commercially.

Also, back to original post by Whittie. The best option depends on his needs. Until we know that who can say whats best for him?

why would i have blinkers, i have a nespresso and a italian type that you put your own coffee in, also got a bodum and the one you put on the hob to boil up.

i just think for best taste, a full mug and value for money, what i use everyday is best.
Dave

9th Jan 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Dolce Gusto machine makes various types, cappucino, latte, hot chocolate etc etc. You get two pods, one coffee(or chocolate) one milk, except on the espresso kits where you just get the coffee. It's also easier to buy the Dolce Gusto ones, just pick them up in the supermarket.

Selfridges must employ part time models or something to work in their stores, it's the main reason I never complain about getting dragged round the Trafford Centre. I was there on Saturday and saw the new Nespresso store too, I assume it's just moving out of Selfridges where it's in a bit of a daft spot into it's own dedicated store. Selfridges have done that before with Ralph Lauren and Hilfiger back when they first opened.
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Totally incorrect tbh.

why would i have blinkers, i have a nespresso and a italian type that you put your own coffee in, also got a bodum and the one you put on the hob to boil up.

i just think for best taste, a full mug and value for money, what i use everyday is best.

That view is fine. Just your opinion has come accross as Nespresso is shite. End of, which it is far from.
deano87

9th Jan 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

De'Longhi coffee machine

Filters so the machine doesn't f*ck up

Grinder

Coffee, roasted in the UK, sent out next day

Job done. If you're going to do it, do it properly! If you get a machine, make sure it has bar pressure, and not working steam pressure. And don't get bean to cup. Get one where you have to tamper the coffee yourself, because you'll then develop a coffee to suit you e.g. not too strong, not too weak.

And if you want to try a proper espresso, get yourself down to London.

http://www.caffevergnano1882.co.uk/

Best espresso I've ever had. Completely blows Starbacks/Costa etc out of the water. Next best place on the high street is probably Carluccio's if you have one near you.
deano87

9th Jan 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or, if you want to try coffee slowly and see if you really like it, don't bother with a caffetiere, go straight for the Bialetti Moka Pot, get a 2 or 3 cup one in aluminium.

Bialetti 6 pot

[Edited on 09-01-2012 by deano87]
Siberia

9th Jan 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i like to grind the beans myself.. but i'm lucky in that i work in the industry so i have a comercial machine and grinder...

id say if your coming from just a jar try one of the gaggia domestics... maybe the baby dose..

i dont know how it compares price wise to the like of the nesspresso.. it would be about £250

use preground with it untill you can afford a grinder..

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Coffee geeks in here please... 22 database queries in 0.2022800 seconds