corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C SRi *Total Vauxhall Feature Out*

New Poll
  <<  66    67    68    69    70    71    72  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C SRi *Total Vauxhall Feature Out*
NathanR

User status: Offline
21st Feb 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh so you got the TH2s back on now then ?

What tyres did you go for ? Nah I really didn't notice with mine . Might be slightly harsher but because I've got the coilovers wound right down the rides quite hard anyway .

[Edited on 21-02-2013 by NathanR]
JoshSRi

21st Feb 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should get yourself some damper adjusting ones for when the LET goes in! Mine's pretty low and the ride is nice!

Yeah, the TH2's are back on mate! Went for Toyo Proxes T1R's. I know a lot slate them for grip and what not but I've always rated them!
NathanR

21st Feb 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ive always regretted not paying out the extra for some Spax RSX tbh :/ . Thats what youve got aint it ?

Ooooo Th2s are back . Thats what im running matey and i love them !! Not great in the wet but i dont give it death in the wet anyway .
JoshSRi

21st Feb 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Yeah ive always regretted not paying out the extra for some Spax RSX tbh :/ . Thats what youve got aint it ?

Ooooo Th2s are back . Thats what im running matey and i love them !! Not great in the wet but i dont give it death in the wet anyway .

Yeah, got RSX's on mine. Had a few problems with mine though so I'm thinking of changing but not certain yet!

Asking for trouble giving it death in the wet with any tyre tbf!
NathanR

21st Feb 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh whats happened with them ? What are you considering as an alternative ?
JoshSRi

21st Feb 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh whats happened with them ? What are you considering as an alternative ?

Well the two rear shocks died, they replaced them under warranty so all was good. Now the front right shock has developed a knock, which again they'll fix under warranty.

The trouble is, I don't have anywhere I can leave the car on stands and I have to send my coilovers back to them for repair/replacement.

I am tempted by a set of Gaz GHA Ultra Lows. Lower between 80mm and 120mm with dampening to suit, and they're a rear coilover conversion too and everyone I know with them raves about the rear coilover setup over springs and shocks.
NathanR

21st Feb 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh thats no good . Luckily the Silverlines have been a god send on mine so far !

Got a link for the GHA's ? I looked for them a while back but could only find Gaz Golds wich are expensive

JoshSRi

21st Feb 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ahh thats no good . Luckily the Silverlines have been a god send on mine so far !

Got a link for the GHA's ? I looked for them a while back but could only find Gaz Golds wich are expensive

My Silverline's were spot on, to this day I question why I ever replaced them (there was nothing wrong with them, I just have issues when it comes to buying car parts).

http://www.corbymotorsport.com/corsa-c-0006-gaz-coilover-conversion-kit-p-59.html

There you go mate. I think you're best off ordering them over the phone as they can get them specced up how you want them, either a Low or Ultra Low set up!
NathanR

21st Feb 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mine are lovely but like i say a bit harsh at times but im not to worried , if i ever get any issues with them i will certainly upgrade to GAZ .

Thanks for that pal just had a look , most annoying thing about them is , i payed pretty much the same for my silverlines . Wish i knew now i could of got GAZ for the same price .
JoshSRi

21st Feb 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes mine are lovely but like i say a bit harsh at times but im not to worried , if i ever get any issues with them i will certainly upgrade to GAZ .

Thanks for that pal just had a look , most annoying thing about them is , i payed pretty much the same for my silverlines . Wish i knew now i could of got GAZ for the same price .

Ahh well, still got some decent coilovers so nothing to worry about!

Apparently the rear arch needs hammering a bit if you're fitting the coilover conversion on a drum rear beam. Not sure if you've still got a drum rear beam or not though.
NathanR

21st Feb 13 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes ive seen people having to hammer the arch abit , but then ive seen people fit them straight on with no problems

Yes im still running drums on the rear , maybe one day ill upgrade to discs but at the moment thats way down the list !!
JoshSRi

21st Feb 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes ive seen people having to hammer the arch abit , but then ive seen people fit them straight on with no problems

Yes im still running drums on the rear , maybe one day ill upgrade to discs but at the moment thats way down the list !!

Depends on the rear beam as far as I know.

Not really worth the upgrade tbf, make sod all difference.
NathanR

21st Feb 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt go out of my way to get one . If someone offered me one cheep with everything i needed to fit it , and all i needed to do is paint it and maybe fit some nice bushes id buy it . But until that day , the drums will do .
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right bit of an update !! Decided i wanted the front sprayed up to match the rear . So the carpet and all surrounding plastics are out . Started removing the front sound deadning last sunday and got this far .

Got home from work nice and early today so thought id do abit more , started wth this .

And ended up with this .

I got most of the residue up but ran out of brake and clutch cleaner wich is what ive been using so that stopped play . Will get it all cleaned up at the weekend hopefully .

Roof lining and A pillars are also out !

So the plan is to have the entire inside painted black and just have the dash and doorcards in . The rear will be re-done to make it easier for sam whilst hes painting it all . And ill be having the cage resprayed while its out too , Im swaying towards candy apple red for the cage .

Havent bothered with the brakes as yet as havent had time but i serviced it the other day and the little 1.4 is running really well !! The inside is being painted on either the 23rd or 24th of march all being well . And then the weekend after on the bank holiday weekend ill be machine polishing and giving the car a full detail and hopefully pick the cage up from sam !!

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by NathanR]
BeetleGav

5th Mar 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats going to look insane!
you going to leave the gearstick and handbrake exposed? think it would look cool once tidied up somehow, id paint handbrake black or something to match the floor

going to be very impractical scratched floor galore
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks gav !! Yeah i will be for the time being . In the long run i may get my spare center tunnel flocked to match the dash though . Or as im planning on having carbon doorcards threw out the car eventually might see if chris from CMComposites could fabricate a carbon center tunnel .

Shouldnt be too bad as ill just leave the floor matts in for when i use it on the weekends and them take them out at shows etc. .

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by NathanR]
Mark.W

5th Mar 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Candy apple red would look so damn good
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do hope so . The colour i want is House of Kolor Candy Apple Red but i cant seem to find that paint in the UK!! So if anyone can suggest any OEM colours that are simular please do .
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something simular to this , maybe abit more vibrant .

M Sutton

5th Mar 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound awesome mate! Candy red would be lovely
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mark!!
Mark.W

5th Mar 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not red but how about renault liquid yellow? or vauxhall's grass hopper green (new corsa D colour) both very nice & bright.
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm both nice but not massively keen . Appreciate the suggestion though mate .
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good.
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Donk . Cheers mate!! Come and make my brakes fit .

<<  66    67    68    69    70    71    72  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C SRi *Total Vauxhall Feature Out* 23 database queries in 0.1599090 seconds