corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » T-Mobile

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author T-Mobile
John

User status: Offline
21st Dec 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just came to the end of my 18 month contract with them. Never again is my conclusion.

Went with them because it was the cheapest/best way for me to get a Desire at the time.

Barely any reception where I live, regularly none at all, merger with orange didn't really help and the way the networks roam atm isn't very good.

7 day response time for support emails lukcily I didn't have to use this much.

Ported my number on Monday, they've given me an early termination fee although I didn't terminate early, had to phone up to query, luckily I noticed.

Swapped over to giffgaff, get the benefit of the O2 network, which I've always found good, but without the charges and limits.

Another unexpected difference is battery life on my iPhone, has noticeably improved, about 2% an hour now which is great.

I'd recommend avoiding T-Mobile if you are looking at a new contract.
Robbo

21st Dec 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a rare blinkered view from you john. i would actually agree that TMo are a pile of shite but you base a lot of it on your location.

in related news, at AT&T and TMo in the US

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by Robbo]
XE Col
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree Tmobile is crap, I'm with them now and when it moves over to orange I very rarely get use of the 3G on orange and it very rarely switches back to Tmobile automatically I usually have to do it manually
John

21st Dec 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, in a different location it may have been different, the whole package though wasn't as good as O2, had them for years previously until they stopped getting decent phones and started increasing the prices.
Hammer

21st Dec 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 turned shit almost overnight.

Vodafone is where it is at #Robbo
Robbo

21st Dec 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich H

21st Dec 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, around here one of the best networks is T-Mobile I regularly have better signal than anybody else on other networks!

Got another year on the contract yet But have toyed with possibly moving to somebody like GiffGaff tbh. Hoping within a another year they'll either have established themselves or gone under so I can make a decent decision

Have to admit I thought T-Mobile and Orange would have got on and finished this merge by now (ie. changed to Everything / Everywhere officially etc)
Robbo

21st Dec 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean finish the merger? they arent merging completely - they will keep both brands and operate independently indefinitely. the merger was maionly to utilise the same back office and network type stuff
Robbo

21st Dec 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

genuinely dont get the hype with giffgaff tbh. its just a regular mvno, better off goign with 3 as they are less likely to clamp down on usage shoudl you take the piss and id imagien their cs is better too given that they are an actual opereatror (even though i knwo thei cs is not great)
Rich H

21st Dec 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok fair enough - I was under the impression (from what I was originally told by a T-Mobile staff when I renewed my contract!) that they were merging and changing their name etc etc!

Fuck going with 3. My G/F and her family are all with them and they rarely have signal at all near enough anywhere in the South!! Or it shows it has signal, go to make a call and you can't - yet internet works fine
Robbo

21st Dec 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, last time i heard they werent allowed to undergo a full merger even they wanted to, for competitive reasons. as i said, the main benefits of the merger were the £ synergies from combining their networks, roaming agreements, back office processing etc. rather than actually becoming one company

3 use Orange for their 2g network (ie calls) yet their own 3g network, hence the disparity

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by Robbo]
LeeM

21st Dec 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

voda ftw.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went Tmob as it was cheapest and best package. Got phone home and no signal whatsoever even though being advised that I would have strong 2g connection. Went back to o2, who were more expensive, however signal quality has been brilliant and the support they provided when getting my mobile net back on was excellant. Would stick with then even though they were noticably more expensive for a similar deal
John

21st Dec 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T-mob and orange are merging into everything everywhere, the 2 sets of network infrastructure merging properly is separate to that though.

Giffgaff is a good deal and any support queries I've had so far have been answered online within hours, not bad imo.

If they clamp down on data usage, I'll just move elsewhere, which I couldn't on a 3 contract.

I don't use stupid amounts of data on my phone anyway, just more than the 500MB/1GB you get these days.
Dom

21st Dec 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never used T-mobile, although apparently it isn't too hot around here. Never have issues with O2's network though and nothing wrong with GiffGaff. I can't imagine 3 allowing you to download 20GB and not bat an eyelid about it though.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go to GiffGaff if they did a contract, not topped up a phone for since i was 12/13, so cracking on for 10 years now
John

21st Dec 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had contracts for a long time but doesn't really make much difference.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you top up? Still not sure if I would fork for the phone out of my own pocket. Managed to blag my mums sensation of her and she has my desire to keep me ties over to April when my contract renews
LeeM

21st Dec 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
T-mob and orange are merging into everything everywhere, the 2 sets of network infrastructure merging properly is separate to that though.

Giffgaff is a good deal and any support queries I've had so far have been answered online within hours, not bad imo.

If they clamp down on data usage, I'll just move elsewhere, which I couldn't on a 3 contract.

I don't use stupid amounts of data on my phone anyway, just more than the 500MB/1GB you get these days.

what do you do to go over? not bein funny just interested, ive only gone over 500mb once in about 18 months
John

21st Dec 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online, on your phone, think you can also buy o2 topup cards.

You can set it to do it automatically online afaik which I'll be doing.
John

21st Dec 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by John

what do you do to go over? not bein funny just interested, ive only gone over 500mb once in about 18 months

Nothing in particular, some months I might not, don't like not being able to.
Nic Barnes

21st Dec 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since oragne bought them or whatever, ive noticed my signal is worse, and the internet is a lot slower.
LeeM

21st Dec 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just downloaded onavo, cuts your data use right down somehow. ive used 200mb this month when it says i would have used 300. ive noticed no change whatsoever in speed.
im always on fb, safari, twitter and sky sports with the odd few youtubes and occasionally used to stream the radio for half an hour on my ride to work and even before i downloaded that i opnly went over once.
all apps and stuff i tend to do at home
John

21st Dec 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want to have to cut my bandwidth usage because the networks won't put infrastructure in place to cope with it, while still charging ever increasing prices for the privilege.
Ben G

21st Dec 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree about the network point, john.

on their website it said i would get decent t-mobile/orange signal.

in my house i only get 1 bar max unless i go upstairs and stand by the window, get 2 bars then.

cheap contract though and i have a house phone so no big deal really.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll