corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CS on Facebook, not asking for likes this time

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CS on Facebook, not asking for likes this time
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Dec 11 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree no one wants it.

The non-Corsa is a big part but that doesn't mean Corsas have no place. You've read my plans anyway, that is the current thinking.

Not even my decision anyway, the AC situation is changing all the time, people complaining there that they have no money and don't want to stand in the rain again, that sale was a big bit of news for Corsas.
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be great if you could return the site back to its Vauxhall corsa roots. It's why I signed up in the first place and still a subject I'm interested in. Sadly I'm in the minority though.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're doing 100 cars at PVS this year, that's not a small presence and you saw how good the regional stuff can be.

[Edited on 11-12-2011 by Ian]
Cole

11th Dec 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will we get 100 cars though
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had 130 reg numbers last time but only 85 on Sat and 93ish on Sunday, was very close.

Also pissed down and some people took the huff and moved elsewhere because they weren't at the front.

If everyone turned up according to the booking and stayed there we would have cracked the magic 100.

Collected my weights today so we can use the second gazebo so we're twice as big, got another 20 chairs, even if it rains we're still in business for volume of people. No reason why it shouldn't be a good one.

In fact with TVL cancelled it should technically be bigger.

[Edited on 11-12-2011 by Ian]
Cole

11th Dec 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tvl cancelled really i honestly thought that was gonna be the way forward for pvs tbh. The rain last yr sucked so with the show onl being one day it will hopefully be like the old days of pvs and sunny aswell
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're due a sunny one.

Yeah bad news about TVL, not quite sure I agree with that decision but they've downsized the team and I'm sure they'd be happier organising one properly than risking two at a stretch.

Shame because it was on the up, but PVS is still larger.
RCoughtrie

11th Dec 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when do you think we see the dedicated sections being made up ian ? i.e corsa and non corsa sectons
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a little play about last night but I've still no real decision of exactly what is the right thing to do. Going to bump that other thread at some point see if there's any more input the make a difficult decision and go with it.
Cole

11th Dec 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why cant we support other shows ie fast show etc so say we do 3 a yr fast show , pvs and trax each are spread far enough apart and im sure we could get numbers for all 3 and it will spread the site across a bigger catchment area
Graham88

11th Dec 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My opinion of having Facebook accounts is that it's a very 'amateur' thing to do & I see Corsasport as being way above that. Steve 'cruzersuk' Willis just screams out bellends.
If people want to join a forum they will go looking themselves but I think the only thing this forum lacks is a section for a particular model.
For example, the Mazda MPS forum had its own section for the 3 MPS & it was full of useful threads & things specific to that model so you didn't have several of the same topics being posted over & over.
Whereas now M3cutters doesn't quite have the same system and I do miss being able to find out bits & pieces I didn't know about. I post up a thread and get told to do a search as its been talked about before, but it's not clear & because it's a busy forum (like this) a topic talked about 3 days ago is already pushed a few pages back.
In short I think the re-design with model specific sub forums will attract more users.

[Edited on 11-12-2011 by Graham88]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
why cant we support other shows ie fast show etc so say we do 3 a yr fast show , pvs and trax each are spread far enough apart and im sure we could get numbers for all 3 and it will spread the site across a bigger catchment area

That is pretty much the plan for CS next year I think but it's going to be Billing rather than Fast Show. Trax did a lot better with Corsa numbers this year than it did last year so I think Ian wants to go back to having that as CS.
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, model specific where a post about a corsa doesnt get over shaddowed by what car for 20k by people that have no interest in what this site was originally about. id rather post on a corsa site, where people are interested in the thing im posting about.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS, Billing, SCS and Trax as CS.

I think we'll be limited on numbers at Billing.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, SCS too.
Cole

11th Dec 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is billing all dependant us getting into vboa though isnt it was just thinking all these shows are quite close together where as fast show is march then pvs is june as is billing(might be wrong on that one) and trax is sept so nice spread across the yr. Having 2 shows that are just specific doesnt broaden the catchment of new members does it.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't want to count any chickens but we've a strong application for VBOA.
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are vboa happy about the website not really being a corsa site and its strongest point being offday out of interest?
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't bring data with them.
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite lucky then really. i suppose all the paid up members that dont care for corsas makes it look like the club has more members, even if they dont support it as such. quite clever.
Dan
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its ok saying people who no longer provide corsa related chat on a regular basis bring the site away from its original intentions, but back in the day, i provided alot of help for people, and received plenty more back.

I have no interest in the car scene any more, i drive an N reg 306 derv ffs.

I dont even know what makes me come on here now, but something makes me every single day for along time.

I really cannot see where this site is going to be in a year or twos time. Most people here are past the corsa stage, and just come here for the same unknown reason i do. The modified corsa's are getting fewer and fewer around here, i doubt i see one a week now, more like one a month, and i live in yarmouth which has always been full of modified cars and mainly corsas.

I think something big has to happen soon, or things are going to go downhill at a much faster rate. Maybe i think this because i have no involvement in any meets or corsa chat. I dont know, just my 2p

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look at Off Day from a business perspective it's actually a lovely arrangement but this is the second time we've been there and our remit is to discuss what offline systems are in place to accommodate people without an internet connection, which we've already got material for. I won't be giving away any business secrets.
Dan
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who doesnt have an internet connection these days?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doom and gloom in here eh.

Dan - I assume you saw the plans as well, hope that something big is comparable to your suggestion. TBH crux of that comment is that we need newer cars, which I've never denied.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 11 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Who doesn't have an internet connection these days?
Their rules not mine. That's one of the reasons we didn't go back straight after last time. But going to Billing to show is worth the work of a simple system like that.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CS on Facebook, not asking for likes this time 23 database queries in 0.2030840 seconds