corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » TV Day

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TV Day
mwg

User status: Offline
5th Dec 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get a big TV and have SD channels on it will it not look a bit grainy unless you sit a bit of a distance away from it? I don't have the fanciest TV but before I got HD installed the picture was awful if you got any where close to the TV.
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will be about 5 metres away, I sit closer in my room on mine and I can't say I notice it to be honest?
Apart from older programs but that's more than program than the TV
Dom

5th Dec 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
That just highlights your 'tardness to not post in the correct sub-forum
As with every other forum member, you must comply with the rules and that includes posting in the correct forum

To me it highlights you 'tardness that you feel the need to highlight to people that they've posted in the wrong forum. I know there is a Geek Day and I chose not to put this in there as not everybody reads it as not everybody is into the kind of things posted in there. But everyone has a TV, thus posting in here gets me more opinions on what's the best TV to buy, as that's what I'm after?

You are literally a walking faceplam
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You literally are boring and ruining an otherwise informative thread for anyone else choosing a TV for Xmas.
Dom

5th Dec 11 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You literally are boring and ruining an otherwise informative thread for anyone else choosing a TV for Xmas.

Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway....

Thanks to all who replied and to Tim. Gonna get the LG 42".
A2H GO

5th Dec 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't be replying with an informative answer, neither should Dom, John, Barnshaw, Balling and other people who regularly contribute to Geek Day, given this has been purposely posted in the wrong section because you wanted answers from people who don't go into Geek Day and therefore won't have a clue about TV's.
Ben G

5th Dec 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i posted mine in geek day
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I won't be replying with an informative answer, neither should Dom, John, Barnshaw, Balling and other people who regularly contribute to Geek Day, given this has been purposely posted in the wrong section because you wanted answers from people who don't go into Geek Day and therefore won't have a clue about TV's.

Thanks mate. Bit too late though already had people who left stupid comments.
Ben G

5th Dec 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250 quid for a 42'' plasma? mental.
A2H GO

5th Dec 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Thanks mate. Bit too late though already had people who left stupid comments.

Enjoy your buzzing TV, don't let the brightness fluctuation annoy you too much.
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For £250 for a 42" TV I'd put up with it having a plug missing tbh, hardly worth worrying about stupid things like that. As I say, it's just for my girlfriends room to replace her crap 20" TV with the massive backs, so anything is an upgrade
mwg

5th Dec 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Graham is the sort of person that will notice the tiny things that the geek day TV crew would notice. So I can understand why he has posted it in here as a lot of what they go on about goes straight over my head too.

[Edited on 05-12-2011 by mwg]
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally, someone with an ounce of common sense. To be honest even reading the description on the websites goes over my head. 3,000,000:1 wtf
John

5th Dec 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure where this opinion of geek day comes from.

Yes there is some fairly technical discussion but if you ask for opinions between X tv's and you don't care about the minutiae, I'd personally say, I'd go for number Y out of the choices, or even Z here is a better deal.
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your opinion then John?

I just wanted opinions on TV's, I don't really see why it's being analysed into which forum it should have been put into. If Ian feels it should be in Geek Day then by all means put it in there, I just thought I'd get more responses from people who aren't too bothered about the amount of pixels on a screen and just a good value TV with a decent spec.
Dom

5th Dec 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottom line, there is a forum dedicated to 'home electronics'; this should have been posted in there - no if's, no but's. Instead, out inconsideration, you have decided to create more work for the moderation team
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow. Move to < Geek Day. So much work involved there. Instead, they may think we have more to our lives than to worry about being so pedantic. You've wasted half the replies in this thread talking about shit. If you really didn't want to waste your energy on replying to my actual topic then you've wasted more than that telling where I should have posted it. I quite frankly couldn't give a shit what you think of where it should have been posted. I put in Off Day and I got the replies I was asking for from more reasonable people. So job done.
Dom

5th Dec 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wow. Move to < Geek Day. So much work involved there. Instead, they may think we have more to our lives than to worry about being so pedantic. You've wasted half the replies in this thread talking about shit. If you really didn't want to waste your energy on replying to my actual topic then you've wasted more than that telling where I should have posted it. I quite frankly couldn't give a shit what you think of where it should have been posted. I put in Off Day and I got the replies I was asking for from more reasonable people. So job done.

BarnshaW

6th Dec 11 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

graham if you are spending that amount of money and thats your top budget personally i would choose a nice 32" or 37" LCD over a poor make 42" , you can pick up a very nice spec LCD for your budget now and will be some even better deals within the next few weeks at currys/comets if you can wait
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already bought that LG one mate. LG isn't a poor make is it? I've had mine for over 4 years now with no problems *touch wood*
BarnshaW

6th Dec 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i didnt mean to LG i meant to tecknika or whatever it was you were looking at, cant go wrong with LG
A2H GO

6th Dec 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

'Talking' and 'brick wall' mate. Stick to helping 'geeks' in geek day.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » TV Day 22 database queries in 0.0992851 seconds