corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E46 M3
Graham88

User status: Offline
31st Aug 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Video of the CSL sound

Ben G

31st Aug 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sound is rather sexual.

your's is the best colour there.
Fad

1st Sep 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks immense....are you driving with partial traction control (DTC) just wonder how you are finding it on track?
Graham88

1st Sep 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ben :-)

I drive with it completely off Fad. M-Track (partial traction control) is decent compared to having it on, but it still cuts in too harshly and when I don't want it too, off is the only way to learn
SetH

1st Sep 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better not crash my future car son

Did you mention early in the thread that you could hear a 'heat rattle' type sound from the engine or am I tripping?
Graham88

1st Sep 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't intend too

Na you're no tripping, will sort it out this month as its getting quite annoying. Not from the engine though it's exhaust heat shield I think. You can hear it in videos
SetH

1st Sep 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not want to be prophet of doom and it is probably nothing. However, my old scoob starting getting a 'heatshield type rattle', even the first garage I took it to thought it was the same.

Turned out it was a big end bearing that had started to fail. Did not affect the performance of the engine in anyway and all monitoring showed as fine.

completely different car, completely different circumstances etc but I would get it check out sooner rather then later.
Graham88

1st Sep 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been doing it since before & after rebuild mate, it's coming from the back of the car but thanks for the warning anyway. Big end bearings were all replaced too.
SetH

2nd Sep 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham88

6th Sep 12 at 04:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got all the pictures from my Performance BMW photoshoot sent through, I got loads and I love all of them but I'll post a select few (hard choice choosing!)

I also managed to get a sneaky pic into this months PBMW aswell

Now my brakes weren't getting hot at Donington, I've never had a problem with the brakes at all. Infact after putting my new Pagid RS29's and AP discs on the brakes felt better and sharper than ever before. But to keep things a bit cooler I have bought some ducting to run to the centre of the disc or as close as possible at least. In an ideal world I'd like the nice carbon ducts you can get that bolt to the hub and put the air directly into the centre of the disc, but at £250 I'll give them a miss! Routing is something I'll have to look into once I have a look

Still having the clutch problems. Martyn reckons it's the Clutch Slave Cylinder. So that's being done next week sometime and hopefully that'll be the last of my problems with the odd loss of gears/crunch of gears. It's so intermittent it's hard to replicate on the road without driving like a tosser, last thing I want is no gears at Nurburgring so I hope this sorts it

Few more pics from Donington

And some videos still got a few more to get round to editing including my fastest lap of the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_Gn0BLz1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAQhnkNzvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyqpTZzNhwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZBQY31B2I

[Edited on 06-09-2012 by Graham88]
SetH

6th Sep 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL @ First vid "woooo hooooo!"

What actually happened at 0.22? is there a bump in the track that unsettled the car?

you werent on the brakes or had any significant steering angle?
3i_gaz

6th Sep 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Random pedal going not clutch master cylinder dude?
SetH

6th Sep 12 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the 2nd one, you are one smooth ass shaft motherfucker of a driver.

The camera darts over to the passenger a few times almost like someone is holding it and trying to get reaction shots
flybikeslee

6th Sep 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recent pics are mega!
Graham88

6th Sep 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically for the whole day I'd been giving it a stab of brakes after the right handler as it just felt 'right' and settled the car before turning in for the left, this time round I thought I'd give it a go without the braking and it was obviously a bit too fast with that extra 5mph or so

It's not the Master Cylinder because the brakes are fine and Martyn (guy who did the engine work on my car) said he's never changed a master cylinder before so can't see it bring that especially if the brakes are fine. So that leaves Slave Cylinder which he's said all along. It's too intermittent and sometimes worse than others for it to be something mechanical or it would do it all the time. For £80 fitted its worth a try because anything after that really is gearbox removal and £££

Thanks Seth appreciated :-) still a lot of finer improvements could have been made in the day but overall a superb day and looking forwards to Ring now

Cheers Lee, I love the mag shots
Graham88

7th Sep 12 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ducting test fit time

This is with bumper/arch lining/brake & airbox duct removed. But gives a rough idea of the route to take.

This is the standard ducting, the pipe on top goes up to the airbox. It's cut down because the Geoff Steel Racing box has a pipe that comes down to it now so it didn't need as much length.

See this 'lip', it's bringing the ducting out and risking rubbing on the wheel everytime it's on lock, so it needs to go so the duct can run straight out and along the ARB

Like so

Also this needs to go

Like so

It'll be fixed in better but this is roughly what it'll look like, obviously there is no airbox feed on the other side so it won't look as busy.

I think I need to remove the rear brake shield, not much access to the disc for the cold air

Very rough routing

Still not sure how I'm going to attach it so it's close to the disc
3i_gaz

7th Sep 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Basically for the whole day I'd been giving it a stab of brakes after the right handler as it just felt 'right' and settled the car before turning in for the left, this time round I thought I'd give it a go without the braking and it was obviously a bit too fast with that extra 5mph or so

It's not the Master Cylinder because the brakes are fine and Martyn (guy who did the engine work on my car) said he's never changed a master cylinder before so can't see it bring that especially if the brakes are fine. So that leaves Slave Cylinder which he's said all along. It's too intermittent and sometimes worse than others for it to be something mechanical or it would do it all the time. For £80 fitted its worth a try because anything after that really is gearbox removal and £££

Thanks Seth appreciated :-) still a lot of finer improvements could have been made in the day but overall a superb day and looking forwards to Ring now

Cheers Lee, I love the mag shots

It not got a separate clutch master cylinder on top of the pedal no? Or they an external slave I'm guessing if it's only 80'quid fitted lol
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this one is a good plan -

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Utilizing the splash guards!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316897
Graham88

7th Sep 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
It not got a separate clutch master cylinder on top of the pedal no? Or they an external slave I'm guessing if it's only 80'quid fitted lol

Not on top of the pedal, it's on top of the box and yeah it's external thank fuck

That picture is the kind of thing I'd like Dan, but they're like £250! I like the idea with the standard shield.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whip one up in cardboard and take it some where i cant see it being more than £100 for 2!!
flybikeslee

7th Sep 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what my mate used on the s2000

Graham88

7th Sep 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like these ideas! I will have to get the disc/caliper off but I'm sure the backing plate doesn't come off with separating the hub from what I could see, stupid design if so, just makes it a bit more difficult
Fad

7th Sep 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calipers need to be painted red other than that spot on.

Absolutely love the attention to detail on this!
Graham88

8th Sep 12 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A DIY effort is coming sooner than you think Fad, if it doesn't work or looks crap the calipers will be rebuilt over winter anyway so painted professionally then

Thanks mate appreciated

[Edited on 08-09-2012 by Graham88]

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3 23 database queries in 0.1149359 seconds