corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [PS3] Official BF3 vs. MW3 thread

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [PS3] Official BF3 vs. MW3 thread
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 11 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my turtle beaches last night
A2H GO

22nd Nov 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
But realism, gameplay, size of maps, and the fact that there are vehicles are better. That is a fact.

Realism - MW3 is better because its not as realistic, one shot kill quickscoping and commando back stabbing make the game more enjoyable imo.

Gamplay- 60fps V 30fps

Size of Maps - BF is better if you like running for 5 miniutes each time you spawn just to get anywhere (yawn). Plus massive maps promote camping, sit down for more than 30 seconds on MW3 and your dead.

Vehicles - a nice addition, suppose its got to have something COD hasn't.

What are the sales numbers again?

BarnshaW

22nd Nov 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you say MW3 is better because its more UNrealistic? whats exciting about knifing someone from 30 metres away? that was the most annoying think ever in MW2

if your spawning miles away on BF then your doing it wrong, you spawn on your squad into the action, you dont even have that option on modern spawnfare

vehicles - well says it all, MW dont even have them

sales numbers are irrelevant really, given that the majority on here alone prefer BF3 says it all really
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sales numbers can't even be brought into it tbh. COD has the numbers even before the game has hit the shelf regardless of how good it is. I'm betting at least 75% of COD fans have never tried BF. I hadn't until BF3 and I was die-hard COD.

Size of maps thing is just what inexperienced players say. It's what I said initially until people pointed out I can spawn on other people, etc.

Coming straight from COD and expecting to be good at BF3 is the main problem, which people who are used to winning on COD can't handle. I was put off at first, but alike anything, the more you play the better you get. Have to remember that I've been playing COD for years and years, where as BF I'm a month old complete novice on.

I think the long and short of it is that Ash can win on COD and can't just pick up BF3 and win therefore it's crap by default. He's not alone with that mentality either, I was guilty myself.

[Edited on 22-11-2011 by Brett]
BarnshaW

22nd Nov 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as jas, jas was not even that good on older cods and he comes onto BF and cant process what is happening, now he just goes on MW3 setting up bouncing bettys everywhere hoping for the best.

Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the thing, at first BF3 is soooo overwhelming compared to COD, there's just so much going on all around you. COD, as mentioned before is so linear. You basically get into a routine when running round, you know exactly where people will be, etc, etc. BF3 is never the same game twice.
A2H GO

22nd Nov 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
how can you say MW3 is better because its more UNrealistic? whats exciting about knifing someone from 30 metres away? that was the most annoying think ever in MW2

if your spawning miles away on BF then your doing it wrong, you spawn on your squad into the action, you dont even have that option on modern spawnfare

vehicles - well says it all, MW dont even have them

sales numbers are irrelevant really, given that the majority on here alone prefer BF3 says it all really

Quickscoping for all of its unrealistic annoyace when it happens to you is just as enjoyable and satisfying when its you picking the other team off one by one with quickdraw pro and MSR.

If you spawn in the action you get killed before you've even got a chance to see whats going on.

Its takes a million bullets to kill someone, thats hardly realistic.

The maps seem to be designed for far more players than actually exist in the game making them very sparce.

This discussion could go on forever.

[Edited on 22-11-2011 by A2H GO]
BarnshaW

22nd Nov 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its no discussion, BF is 100% more realistic then COD, its not even debateable really
A2H GO

22nd Nov 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
its no discussion, BF is 100% more realistic then COD, its not even debateable really

Never said it wasn't, thats part of what makes BF3 boring.

Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gee let me think....choose where I spawn, be it in a jet, a chopper, a tank, a member of my squad, etc. OR let the game always decide and randomly dump me next to the enemy?

Million bullets? Seriously? Core mode on either game takes about the same, which I agree isn't realistic which is why I play hardcore.

A2H GO

22nd Nov 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Gee let me think....choose where I spawn, be it in a jet, a chopper, a tank, a member of my squad, etc. OR let the game always decide and randomly dump me next to the enemy?

Million bullets? Seriously? Core mode on either game takes about the same, which I agree isn't realistic which is why I play hardcore.

There isn't a need to give you the choice where to spawn in COD, they could quite easily implement if there was, but they haven't. They have to give you the choice to spawn in a vehicle etc on BF or everbody would spend half their time trying to get from A to B.

JonnyJ

22nd Nov 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A2H clearly has never played bf3 for any decent amount of time judging by the amount of shite he's spouting.

If the maps are so "sparse" then how the fuck is it easily possible to get loads of kills? I saw barnshaw get over 30 on the biggest map. I've had 28 on there.

How many hours have you actually played on bf3? I'm going to guess 0.1 where you spawned at base twice, ignored all the vehicles because you hadn't a clue how to use them, ran forward straight down the middle, got shot by either a tank or someone straightaway and rage quit in a paddy declaring the game shite.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
There isn't a need to give you the choice where to spawn in COD
True, since the maps could be lapped twice in 30secs.

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
they could quite easily implement if there was, but they haven't.

I doubt they could easily do it. They couldn't even add basic plus point from BO like diving. Seriously, step backwards or what.

Harsh reality is, it should be called MW2.5. You've bought the same game with a map pack basically. Worst of all, they're bringing back COD4 maps amongst others. Lack of imagination? Talk about going stale. I've no doubt Treyarc's offering next year will be a step in the right direction tho.
mwg

22nd Nov 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a bit like A2H claiming his iPhone 4 is as good as an iPhone 4S.

Secretly he has BF3 and prefers playing it to COD but cos he has slagged BF3 so much before playing it he is trying to save face. Same as he really has an iPhone 4S but claims to have a 4 with Siri instead I've got him sussed.

[Edited on 22-11-2011 by mwg]
mwg

22nd Nov 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at the BF3 players superior squad work in replying to him
Jas

22nd Nov 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or simply using brilliant successful maps on a better game? best of both..

Few maps Id love to see on MW3.. crossfire, Vacant..

750mil in 5 days.. I rest my case
Jas

22nd Nov 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of all you slating MW3 how many of you own it?

I know Barnshaw doesn't..

I own BF3 and played it flat out for two weeks

mwg

22nd Nov 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold it about 2 years ago mate.

Oh sorry that was MW2, it's just so easy to get them mixed up.
Jas

22nd Nov 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you own it?
mwg

22nd Nov 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah got it hung out on a tree in the garden to scare birds off
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Yeah got it hung out on a tree in the garden to scare birds off
Jas

22nd Nov 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you don't own it, you're just CS sheep

Thanks for letting me know
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
of all you slating MW3 how many of you own it?

I do, have done since release.

Ok, how many people slating BF3 have more than something small like 2hrs played?
Jas

22nd Nov 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jas--m add me probably close to 20 hours
BarnshaW

22nd Nov 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i own it, i played it and it is crap, BF3 superior game with more skill required.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll