corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [XBOX:360] Official Cod MW3 Thread

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [XBOX:360] Official Cod MW3 Thread
N3CRO

User status: Offline
11th Nov 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ashleh
I haven't had any problems tbh =/.

I hate you.
A2H GO

11th Nov 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
My best game was i think 16 - 5, that was last night and believe it or not, I was top of my team

Alot of ppls on Xbox.com forums complaining about the same things as us and as usual, you have a few ppls whos game seems to run magically fine and they don't have problems getting kills, winning match etc and saying everyone thats complaining that they must be shit at the game

These ppls must have 100Mb connections or some shit me thinks, either that or they are full of shit.

I got killed by someone earlier who was reloading yet the killcam showed them reloading before they even saw me I could see the fucker was reloading so I thought easy kill and fired but nooooo... this game really is shit. I hope some of this stuff gets fixed or at least so its not happening so often. If I'm not shot in the back, 99% of my deaths are utter BS.

[Edited on 11-11-2011 by TheNobleOne]

It can only be the game if one min your owning and the next your shit, you don't suddenly forget how to play and then remember again. MW2 was exactly the same.

Ive started just playing defensive on the dodgy games in the hope to come out even, then going aggressive in the odd 'normal' game and racking up the kills.
N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. When BOp's first came out, I was abit pants since its so much different to MW2 but I was still at least breaking even.
I've even tried camping on MW3 but not working at all, probably due to UAV though since I haven't unlocked Assasain yet.
I've only been playing Domination so far but tried Demolition and 4 matches in a row my team was suck in spawn getting killed. Don't get that. MW2 demo was awesomes, all I ever played, rarely got spawn killed but BOp's and now this, its nothing but that. Fucking awful.
Dave

11th Nov 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think (and I'm basing this purely on what I've read, no real knowledge on the subject) that there is some sort of lag compensation built in to try and even out the fact that people are on vastly different connections and the difference in distance to the host.
Unfortunately on games like COD which are pretty frantic close quarter battles you have to grin and bear it and hope you get as many good games as bad.
My K/D so far playing just TDM is about 1.3 so not too bad, hopefully will go up once I get to know the maps and get better perks (really need assassin),on Black Ops though I think it was just over 2.

The spawn killing will more than likely be patched soon when they add more spawn points in, I've only had this about 10 times so not too bad and again for everytime you get spawn killed you've got to think you'll get one, even though you probably don't realise it.
N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dedicated servers would sort that. But no, Craptavision won't let us have them.
A2H GO

11th Nov 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Blops KD is 2.6....Up to level 42 on MW3 and KD is.....0.7.

Might change the settings to local only so Pancho in Mexico isn't hosting see if that helps.

My connections OK, usually about 5mb but I think its more to do with upload and mines less that a mb...but could be wrong.
N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't aware you could change it to local on MW3 How!?

Yeah, I think its to do with upload more than download tbh. I upload is 3mb so really, I shouldn't be having any connection issues.

Also, so far, every game I have played so far has been <50 ping so I thought I was pretty much only playing with locals tbh.

N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, classic stupid comment from Xbox.com forums forums towards me...

Me : 'No, has nothing to do with sucking when 99% of your deaths are in the back and when you shoot at people, they won't drop...'

Him : 'If you're getting shot in the back that much then yes it's because of sucking'

WHAT!?

N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone trying to explain the spawn system to me...

'At the start of a Dom match the spawns are static, meaning both teams spawn at opposite ends of the map from each other. After spawning, spawns are then switched to Dynamic meaning depending on where the majority of the team is, the other team will spawn accordingly away from them as much as possible. Once one team captures either A and B or C and B flags the spawns switch back to static so one team spawns at one central location for the rest of the match... UNLESS if even one player ventures near the enemy spawn, the spawns flip. Which will have the enemy team spawn on top of you more or less.

This is why I hate playing with greenies and not a full team in Domination because one idiotic player will venture off into the enemies flag area and jack up the spawns.'

FFS, I've been playing CoD since CoD4, I know how the spawn system works, or is supposed to you dick!

Dave

11th Nov 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately change to local only, didn't realise you could do that on MW3. The advantage Americans had on COD4 was sickening, to the extent it just wasn't worth playing against them as you'd never win a 1v1.

I remember when MW2 came out lot's of people were having the same problems whereas others never saw it. Didn't seem to be because of extreme fast/slow connection either.

I definately had games in MW2 where I was on the same team as the host and it was carnage, winning every 1v1 and racking up serious kills, next game host would be on opposite side and I'd just get owned for the whole match.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne

FFS, I've been playing CoD since CoD4, I know how the spawn system works, or is supposed to you dick!

Old School
A2H GO

11th Nov 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if you can set MW3 to local, I just presumed you could as you have been able to on the others.

I still like it even when getting owned,lol.
N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I don't know if you can set MW3 to local

Hope so since I'm sure I'm playing against ppls with much better connections.
Cole

11th Nov 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't
N3CRO

11th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats a cunt then. Fancy taking that out when BOp's had it
A2H GO

12th Nov 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the mw3 servers sort all that out for the best, most local connection
C2RL R

12th Nov 11 at 05:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've also started getting bullshit kills. Pretty gutted actually as i was just getting the hang of it. My opinion of the game had changed and I was happy. Then some twat that I unloaded 3-5 rounds into at close range managed to kill me with 1 round from a pistol. And he had to turn round to do it. I can see me going back to playing black ops tbh.
N3CRO

12th Nov 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Apparently the mw3 servers sort all that out for the best, most local connection

Well, the ppls I've been playing against are a good 2 seconds ahead of me easy. Pointless playing it when its like that coz the only way you'll get kills is by shooting them in the back or if they don't see you.

Think I'll be going back to BOp's too if I ever get bored of Gears 3.

[Edited on 12-11-2011 by TheNobleOne]
N3CRO

12th Nov 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'I read somewhere that the game switches host between every match, making it more fair for people in the lobby to get a chance at hosting. They used to just pick the best host, which makes more sense. This could be part of the problem.'

Interesting...
N3CRO

12th Nov 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got an update, hopefully its done something good.
Dave

12th Nov 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was only pretty small so I'd guess it's nothing too major. There is normally a big update after a few weeks when they have had reports in of the main problems/glitches etc.
N3CRO

12th Nov 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I supposedly fixed some matchmaking stuff and some glitch with the Theatre mode.

I'm playing S&D right now and I haven't had a bullshit death yet. Quickscopers are annoying though.
Eck
Premium Member

12th Nov 11 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you rant any more about this game, mate?
N3CRO

12th Nov 11 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could but I don't wanna over do it
A2H GO

12th Nov 11 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was playing against about 4 quickscopers last night, they were awesome, I didn't stand a chance!

I'm finding the matches on the smaller maps I do really well, like Dome and seem to be in time with everyone else, played this twice last night and both times got an 11 kill streak. It's the bigger maps when the connection seems to struggle and you start getting all the bullshit kills.

Slowly working the KD back up, went from 0.7 to 0.9 last night. Got a long way to go though, proper fucked it up in the firs few days going 3-30 every match

[Edited on 12-11-2011 by A2H GO]

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll