corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » General announcement news type post

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author General announcement news type post
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
7th Nov 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few updates just to get everyone in the picture.

Corsa Sport is 14 years old in 5 days, which has got me thinking that we should have a revamp by the time its 15. Amongst other things this will include revisiting our proposal to join VBOA and to show at Billing and the permanent addition to the calendar of SCS in Scotland. Those two will fall alongside PVS and TVL. I'll be making a decision on Trax nearer the time. Based on this year I am minded to return that to a CS event as although support was massively late and everyone who delayed their ticket payment is a pain in the ass, it was actually very well received on the day.

I also am thinking about chopping the forums around a bit, specifically dedicated model forums for B, C and D as well as some other changes to technical information. This is a big job because I want to back date the change and have historical content in the right places so we've some administrative challenges to overcome before that happens.

Got a year to make changes to address a few years of decline in traffic and focus. I know I always say that but I'm planning to stay out of full time employment to concentrate on such things so hopefully I can give it more time this time.

To that end, I've been looking in to other income and decided to spread the wings a bit. I've bought two other forums.

The first is corsagsi.co.uk which was run by Sam on here, who will be joining CS in a staff capacity. The site has a forum, which will be merged and also Wiki content will in the first instance is being migrated over to T&FAQ. Plan there is to introduce a CS Wiki, probably with privs so it's not a free for all. This site ranks well in search engines, something which CS historically does not, which should aid CS in growth for all types of traffic.

The second is pumapeople.com, which is the smaller of two main Puma forums but which benefits from good search engine traffic and offline meets and events. Although these are fairly successful they are not backed financially in any way, so we're going to take the CS touch to those. This site will remain standalone although if the opportunity to merge that in to any further related sites comes up I'll be exploring that.

I'll continue to look for other sites in a similar position.

In addition to all of this, the current staff are still involved in growing our track day forum project - Weekend Racer - and we have a fairly regular pattern of events under that brand.

In other Vauxhall news, both All Corsa and MIG have also been sold to an investor who already has a large portfolio of other sites, so I'll also be watching that situation with interest.

Think that brings everyone up to speed

[Edited on 07-11-2011 by Ian]
Tiger

7th Nov 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one matey
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you planning on doing anything to the software on PP?

one of the reasons i tend to use the other is the software is slow, although it does have a good mobile plugin that switches over when i use my phone
Nismo

7th Nov 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah going to align PP to the CS ethos of simple and quick. It's well featured which I like, file upload and gallery browse with EXIF and that type of thing, but I'll definitely be slimming it down a bit in the interests of performance.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah going to align PP to the CS ethos of simple and quick. It's well featured which I like, file upload and gallery browse with EXIF and that type of thing, but I'll definitely be slimming it down a bit in the interests of performance.

it has a good wiki too that needs sorting out atm, its a mess of random clicking on sub headings

when are you going to announce on there?

[Edited on 07-11-2011 by Steve]
James

7th Nov 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff. Any idea how much MIG and AC sold for?
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck.
Jake

7th Nov 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant help but think a crowd from corsagsi will make their own forum after a couple of months
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only have very rough guesses, both are contractually tied not to reveal.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PP used to be big fish of the puma world until the admin let it get buggy and slow, i think if it gets streamlined most will return
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 11 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their offline stuff years ago is very impressive indeed.
Corsa_Sport21

7th Nov 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can remember when MIG got bought over a while back.

Was a big kick up about it.
John

7th Nov 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the new ones generate any revenue?
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Do the new ones generate any revenue?
Yes they're both currently covering their costs.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PP only runs donations atm, you ge t abook with a 10 quid donation, no idea how many do that though
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope it works out, I think this site needs to get the interest of Corsa owners back as right now I see it as off day with a few Corsa members, which is a shame.

A slight design change would be good to bring it up to date, banner images, feature cars back etc.

Please for the love of god start banning people, or temp banning people to maybe put them in line, otherwise you'll merge the sites and all the idiots on here will make the new members feel like twats and they will fuck off and form their own site

Good luck though, hope it works out.
Eck
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bold move, Ian. Let's hope it all works out I'll join the other sites if you add to them.
Ben G

7th Nov 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have premium on this site, would you automatically be premium on those 2 sites? or would you need to pay for another 2 premium memberships?
Colin

7th Nov 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evolution
Paul_J

7th Nov 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting. good luck Ian.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian Murdoch tbh
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
if you have premium on this site, would you automatically be premium on those 2 sites? or would you need to pay for another 2 premium memberships?
Probably separate because the member tables are separate already.

Might do something for discounting them but the big picture is that the same people are not on them all in the same way. In truth the distance between regular member and premium members shouldn't be large enough that it matters too much. Like you don't lose too much if you don't pay.
Chris x

7th Nov 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That puma people site looks just like lr4x4.

[Edited on 07-11-2011 by Chris x]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » General announcement news type post 22 database queries in 0.1924930 seconds