corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » General announcement news type post

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author General announcement news type post
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
7th Nov 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
should i just delete my post FFS...
No mate - all very valid points.
SAL
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
should i just delete my post FFS...

Keep your knickers on stavs

This forum is soooooooooooooooooooo 98 though, seriosly needs to get up to scratch. Look at VXR online, if it was a simple version of that

SAL
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not having a dig btw
ShEp

7th Nov 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the fact it's so '98 is what keeps it going though.

It's nice and simple.,

Still get a steady flow of new members coming through, and it keeps the old ones hanging about.

Make it complicated and the older ones may bugger off.

I do agree it needs something though,

But at the end of they day, whoever wants to use the site will use it, you can;t force other people to use it.

Just make it more appealing.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think part of the reason the forum works so well is because its simple, I really do hate forums with loads of subforums where you can't find anything.

Multiple project forums, guhh I'd rather hang myself.
taylorboosh

7th Nov 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to be a moderator so i can talk down to people
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sound perfect for the role.
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over qualified
gez bay

7th Nov 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what shep said. love how easy everything is to find
taylorboosh

7th Nov 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Over qualified

I see what you did there
SAL
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The site has lost its corsasport.co.uk though hence why it needs to be split

Corsa chat / sub forum: corsa projects and builds

General car chat / sub forum: car projcts and builds

I used to love this site purly seeing the other corsas! I really didnt care if someone had anything over than corsas to post about

If you where new you have to find stuff about corsas, bit shit considering the forum name

Shouldnt rly keep it 98, move with the times, or get less and less traffic and the poeple from 98 hating change
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more of the opinion that it should be easy to find Corsa stuff.

If that means a split, that is not ideal but less important than finding the stuff which the site is about.

The actual debate for what is actually happening is for later, but my initial thoughts are that some splits are going to be necessary.
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a shame DannyB has decided to resign.

One of the better mods on forums I frequent.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks
Sam
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
he's already told everyone he would be a wanker if he became mod

verbal warnings imo

My role is only to add content to and organise the Tutorials & FAQ section, and of course to make sure the transition of content/forums from CGSi to CS is as smooth as possible.

I'm not aware of any immediate plans by Ian to add any more moderators, and I've not been asked to be one. If he did ask me to be one then cool, I'd do it, but I wouldn't be a "wanker" if I was! I know I said I have a zero tolerance approach to moderating, but that doesn't mean I will be deleting people's posts en masse for the hell of it!

Anyways, the paragraph above is kinda irrelevant really as I'm not a moderator. I've plenty of work on here to keep me busy for now anyway.
FAZ
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feature ars every 3 months (1/4 year / season) would be better imo, rather than every month
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 11 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every month isn't out of the question, just needs good cars and someone in charge of picking them.
Gary
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Every month isn't out of the question, just needs good cars and someone in charge of picking them.

Needs to be someone who appreciates different styles, not jst a GSi kit and speedlines like most
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 11 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course.

Although a little search on my name and the phrase 'feature cars' has reminded me how difficult it was to get proper pictures and a bit of spec.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 11 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For information - here was the previous criteria.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=268684
Steve
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know when you want me to transfer my projectpuma tutorials over to the PP wiki LSD guide etc etc
Gary
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
For information - here was the previous criteria.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=268684

Yeah i remember. And folk whinging about wanting their car featured but didnt have any pics in the garage.

Although, now with most people having decent cameras on their phones, it may be a lot easier. Up untill a few years back cam phone photos were wank really.

With the amount of 'ive just washed the car' threads there has to be more images available.

A quick flick through projects sees a good 6 to 9 months worth of features.
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should organise more group buys and club discounts, seems to be loads on other forums, maybe i don't notice them on here though as i'm not really looking.

But they are the sort of thing i think make people appreciate the club a bit more and seem a bit more serious. I know you do alot at shows and real life things etc, but the online side (which is the main part of club) is getting on and seems to be stagnating a bit.

needs to be more about the car and less the members, or at least decent areas for focused corsa chat, the corsa b will start becoming a bit of a classic in a few years as are slowly disappearing from our roads.

i occassionally look through the help & modification section and think its not working very well.
Gary
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need VBOA imo. Manta owners is VBOA (iirc) and i got a vaux discount card from them. Which is handy.

Been able to get a discount on GM parts would be an epic perk of preem on here.
Sam
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could probably look into Trade Club membership for CS premium members if they offer it to clubs as well as individuals/businesses.

My "engineering firm" has membership...

[Edited on 08-11-2011 by Sam]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » General announcement news type post 22 database queries in 0.0159330 seconds