corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clifford Concept 300 Piece of Cr*p!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clifford Concept 300 Piece of Cr*p!!!
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Apr 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the alarm installed a few weeks ago, every so often it will go off (false alarms), had the guy out yesterday to sort it out, thought that was the end of it.

Today at work, you guessed it, it went off on it's own accord. Went outside to try and disarm it, none of the key fob buttons work, phoned the alarm guy on his mobile and he told me how to type in the valet code into the two button pad thing in the car, that stopped the alarm going off, but now the key fob buttons still don't work, and now the car is only immobilised, no alarm protection, and to un-immobilise it, I have to type the code into that pad thing.

Weird thing is, every time I do that, the 'S' light on my dash flashes (my Astra is an auto, and the 'S' light comes on when you press the Sport button on the gear lever).

Because I bought the alarm from Halfords, they sent out a mobile installer (from a company called Hyde Park Corner), so now I have to phone the call centre to make an appointment for the guy I phoned to come out and sort it (again)!!

What could be causing the problem? The installer reckoned the switch on my gear lever for the 'S' button is faulty, I doubt it though as it never caused me any problems before?

Help!!!!!!!!!!
p4ult

17th Apr 03 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prob not the alarms fault!
Cliffords are very good, but they have to be installed properly,
How long did the mobile fitter take to do it??

[Edited on 17-04-2003 by p4ult]
stuyw

17th Apr 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon the install engineer has cocked it up. give them sum crap m8
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He took a few hours to fit it, yeah it was a mobile fitter. He came out yesterday to sort the sensitivity out on it and I thought everything would be ok from now on... WRONG!!!
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 03 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuyw
i reckon the install engineer has cocked it up. give them sum crap m8

The guy that fitted it originally was the guy that came out yesterday. I spoke to him on his mobile when the alarm was going off, he said he didn't know why it's gone all haywire, and can't check unless he was physically there.
p4ult

17th Apr 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know about the concept 300, but when I was getting quotes for having a concept 600 installed, the shops i went to said that it would take about 2 days to install as cliffords are very complicated ( i know the 600 has more fetures than the 300 so it should take less time), he also said that he would never attempt it at the side of the road as he has to take soo much off the car.

If i were you I would phone clifford direct as they have a warranty dont they, they will prob send you to somewhere else to get it sorted
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah might do that Paul, see what they say.
stuyw

17th Apr 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 300 does take a full day to fit. But i suppose it can b a number of things wrong with it. ie faulty prox sensor etc. Is he coming back m8 to sort it??
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 03 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuyw
the 300 does take a full day to fit. But i suppose it can b a number of things wrong with it. ie faulty prox sensor etc. Is he coming back m8 to sort it??

I phoned the call centre for the alarm place, they can't get him out till next wednesday... So for about a week basically my alarm will not work properly. I was discussing the problems I was having with the person there, even thought of just getting it removed because it's given me so many problems, but in the end I just said OK send him out, and he can see whether something is fucked on it, or there is some problem with my car electrics or whatever. He thought it might have been a voltage problem, I told the installer that I put a brand new Vauxhall battery in the car a few weeks ago (after I got the alarm installed), doubt it would be anything to do with that though.
Mikorsa16v

17th Apr 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloke took mine a day to fit too, about 6 hours. funny why the fob doesnt work?! not just the battery is it?
DIGGIDY

17th Apr 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any desent alarm fitter would tell you don't get a clifford!!

A. their a bitch to fit.
B. fitters don't like to fit them.
C. they have to much shit built into them which can go wrong.

GET A TOAD... can't fault them..
Mikorsa16v

17th Apr 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D. when fitted properly they are great
shawboy

17th Apr 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i would do mate, is go to halfords (where you bought the alarm for), kick off and tell them that you want a refund and the alarm removing asap.
as soon as you say you want a refund they will shit they're selfs and get it sorted asap.
thats what i would do anyway.
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it might be to do with where I parked today at work. Normally I park out in an open area but today I parked next to the bike shed, which is basically a metal cage and it had cameras and stuff on it. When I parked the car outside home I pressed the alarm fob button and it worked! Weird shit innit!
dig dave2811

17th Apr 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had a toad and had loads of problems.
the one tiem, it wouldnt let him start the car,
he had a problem, whrer the alarm wouldnt turn off etc

if u ask me for the price of them they aint worth it
Makarus

17th Apr 03 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are going to get problems with any alarm, fitters sometimes make mistakes, and sometimes parts are faulty. Toad are good, I have a A101CL and not got any complaints with it, never had a false alarm since October. Very happy with it, my mate has a clifford, dont know which model, he swears by it, not had one problem with it.

Like I say it can be many different things, but Clifford is a good choice and if you can afford it then stick with it.
Sam
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I reckon it's either bad installation or faulty item(s).
John_C

18th Apr 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had the 300 for 2 1/2 years never had ne problems. personally wouldn't of bought from halfords. its all about the install not the alarm. Yeah it does take a day 2 fit.

also i would say toads r prob jus as good and cheaper but it down 2 preference
Sam
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we'll see what happens on wednesday when he comes out to sort it out (again). If it still doesn't work properly I might just ask for it to be removed and for a full refund.
daiashthomas

27th Jun 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long would it take to install a concept 300 DIY
smcGSI16V

27th Jun 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my personal experience of cliffords is that they are poo. i got an Autowatch fitted to my GSI, cat 1 paid £375 and i cant fault it.
sxi_welshy_boy

27th Jun 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Yeah I reckon it's either bad installation or faulty item(s).

Lol - what ELSE could it be!?
WARPED

28th Jun 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go back to halfords, let them sort the problem, u have bought something which does not meet the advertised standards of what they sold u, therefore they have to sort it out or give u a refund and get the guy to come remove the alarm

go up there and make a fuss, if that doesnt work, call someone important in halfrods head office
SRi_m00k

28th Jun 03 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wudnt attempt one of these DIY unless ur very competant wi auto leccy's!!

mate bought a 205 and had tot ake the clifford alarm outta it!! serious amount of wirin!!! not good!!

i got a toad alarm in meslf she;s cat1 for 280quid, cuda got clifford 300 for a few quir more but retailer stocks both and said toad was the better alarm unless u were goin to spend big money on an alarm like clifford 600 etc!
5doormodder

15th Jun 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got the clifford g5 concept 450 alarm (new style with carbon remotes) It works really well, I had one little wierd fault with it about a week after installation where when I tried to start it nothing happened - but its fine now.

Does your car have a dual proximity sensor mate hich detects movment from outside the car? Mine does and if i park it in a busy area, i.e in a car park where people walk past the car or get into a car parked next to it it will sound a warning chirp but very rarley will the full alarm go off unless they stand too close for more than 2 warning chirps. then the full alarm goes off.

I reccomend you buy a cliffnet wizzard cd and lead for it, it plugs into the alarm brain and lets you alter everything on the alarm, i.e sensor sensitivity, siren tones and loads more

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll