corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gearbox speed sensor issue!!! HELP !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox speed sensor issue!!! HELP !
ryepye5

User status: Offline
   27th Sep 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, I bought a corsa a few weeks back that didnt have a working speedo and just tonight i had a look at the speedo drive and there isnt one!? apparently my neighbour said that it picked it up from the abs but the cars abs unit has been taken out (for some reason). there is a round plug like thing where the speedo sensor should be on the gearbox is it possible to take that out and replace it with a sensor? its causing my car to stall at trafic lights and when i come to a stop too. thanks ryan
Mikey_j

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is it? If its a facelift id imagine its popped the fuse as its electronic and doesnt go through abs. it has a electronic plug on the top not a cable obv. If its a gsi then that doesnt apply coz i believe all gsi's were cable drive but not 100% on that. I cant see any way possible that that is the reason for cutting out lol

New Poll