corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPad/Tablet Question regarding 3G Sim Cards.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPad/Tablet Question regarding 3G Sim Cards.
Mike GSi

User status: Offline
26th Sep 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace on Three Network, Pay as you go, £15 per month for calls/texts/and allyou can eat data.

Is there a way i could use my sim card in a tablet to browse etc? Also do they all have wifi?

Thanks
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Sep 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use your phone as a Dongle to create an ADHOC wifi network then you can browse the net on the tablet
Kerry

26th Sep 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on three and i can create a 3g hotspot and then use the internet on my ipad or anything else that wishes to connect to it (uses wifi)! Its unlimited data too.
Thats with an iphone though, not sure if you can create hotspots on any other phone (but you probably can)
LeeM

26th Sep 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just stick your sim in. my dad used to put his sim in a usb dongle and plug that into his laptop before he worked out how to make a hotspot
Mike GSi

26th Sep 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment, i am 'tethering' from my phone to my laptop. Can i do the same to a Tablet?

New Poll