corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE coolant hoses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE coolant hoses
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
19th Sep 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done the plumbing on my Corsa XE, got one pipe left that I can't find where it goes, its the left outlet on the expansion bottle. I've looked all over the inlet manifold but can't find its home, can anyone shed any light?
Jamie-C

19th Sep 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left hose on the expansion bottle, goes along the bulkhead. Then where?

lee mitchell

19th Sep 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the inlet manifold in the centre there will be a breather that goes to the rocker. either side of that will be 2 hoses. one goes to where u said the other goes just above the alternator
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

19th Sep 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kies looks different to mine. On mine it goes to the pipe that comes round the block and the other goes to the top of the rad

edit you can see mine vaugely in the direction it goes here

[Edited on 19-09-2011 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

19th Sep 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it where Ash's went yours didn't?

I don't then Jame.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
alan-g-w

19th Sep 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieran's in the first pic has had wires hidden and hoses rerouted if I'm not mistaken, quite far from standard anyway
Jamie-C

19th Sep 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Dan I couldn't find anywhere for it to go in the area you said, starting to confuse the hell out of me now.

Darryl the pipe that goes around the block, there's two outlets on that, I have one of them going to the heater matrix and the other is going to the bottom of the expansion bottle.
Kieran
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pipe your after leads onto the back of the inlet tucked up underneath iirc. My pipe looks different to most because I hadn't been assed to tuck it back under the inlet again. Because I needed to take a few bits off. But it does go round the inlet bud.
Kieran
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pipe your referring to Jamie that you have to the heater matrix is the water bar (Long black pipe the runs on the back of the block)
Jamie-C

20th Sep 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info mate, think I know where it goes now, think the previous owner has plumbed it up wrong which is whats confusing me

Someone on Mig gave me this pic,

Kieran
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea that's the one. Should have 2 pipes coming from the iirc.
harvey_1066

20th Sep 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right so thats where that goes? but one question water breather pipe to inlet manifold?? that doesnt sound a good mixture....
Kieran
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There water cooled inlets anyway?
harvey_1066

20th Sep 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right, hmm god knows what im thinking of then, i'l have a look 2moro afternoon when i get back from work, but iv got two pipes at are joined togeather as such side by side that come from the under side of the manifold somewhere, and the one pipe is connected but dont know where the other one goes to so i plugged it up with a bolt, is this the other water pipe thats supposed to go to the header tank then?
Kieran
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should go to the tank yea. If there isn't one on there ya.

Do you have to 16v header tank with the 2 outlets? Or 1?
Jamie-C

20th Sep 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of them goes to number 1 in this pic mate, and the other goes to the header tank

harvey_1066

21st Sep 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeaa i took my plug out the end of the hose tonight and blew down it and it bubbled back up in the header tank so yea thats got to be connected back up, and yea iv got both i did have the one with two but then swapped it to the one with one as didnt know where it went but now i'l have to swap it back, i'l do it now as iv found a few more problems with my engine, cracked sump so im in no rush but cheers anyway for the info very helpfull
Edges 58

13th Dec 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found this thread after searching around about my coolant hoses so sorry about bringing up an old thread...

the hoses from this joint on the throttle body

one goes to the rocker cover, the other two on my engine (by previous owner) have be chopped and blocked with bolts.

then the bit on the manifold near the alternator has been chopped and blocked also like so

as for the last one from the throttle body, this thread says it goes to one of the upper expansion bottle ports but i have a hose there which joins to the big hose going to the bottom of the expansion bottle

is this bad/important?
Edges 58

14th Dec 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello... ^^^^ any answers to my question?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

14th Dec 11 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing it would be fine if it's been used like that before.

If I were you though I'd try and run it how it was originally. I picked up a load of extra pipes from a local motor factors to plumb mine in

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll