corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Death at the ring yesterday

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Death at the ring yesterday
big eck

User status: Offline
5th Sep 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was copied off another forum. It highlights your the one that doesn't need to be in the drivers seat for bad things to happen

Very sad for the family and very sobering reminder that dicking about and tracks don't mix

it appears that a UK registered clio 172 hit damp kerb, span, then rolled 3 times somewhere around wipperman. The 35 year old rear seat passenger - WASN'T wearing a seat belt and was thrown from car and killed.

Unsubstantiated local police reports suggest there were beer bottles in the car

Having spoken to someone at a hotel with them - they were on a stag do and pi55ed up

shocking and sad all at once - I feel for the family left behind:cry:

picture from local police website

[Edited on 05-09-2011 by big eck]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just was going to post this. Yes its bad etc etc.

But i have no compassion he wasnt wearing a seat belt.
Graham88

5th Sep 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feel sorry for the driver as now has to live with it for such a simple mistake. I'm sure them being pissed is up is pure rumour though.

RIP
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking pricks is what i have to say

feel bad for the families, thats about it
big eck

5th Sep 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So your saying he deserved to loose his life because he wasn't wearing a seat belt??? That's a bit harsh pal.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt deserve to, but cant complain about it having an accident and it happening, if he was still about to complain lol
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously eck i can see why you think its bad, but the amount of twats especially from the uk that go over there are an accident waiting to happen, get some responsilibity you are taking part in a potentially lethal sport it you like. If you dont treat it with respect expect to get bitten
big eck

5th Sep 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree if he was hurt then he might have learned his lesson but the guy was killed FFS.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah deffo didnt deserve to die just for not wearing a seat belt noone really deserves to die imo, unless they have murdered someone, eye for an eye etc.

But as it has unfortunately happened, i have no real compassion for the people who were killed. Tragic for the families like you say
Gary
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBh you get taught to wear a seatbelt as a child so he should have known better imo. With Steve on this one
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Steve
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Year before last when we were over, was behind some scottish twat in an alfa noticed sparks coming out his wheels on the last bend, me and rob approached him in the car park after, and said think your pads are worn out, in a friendly manner incase he wasnt aware.

He just goes "yeah its ok theyre probably just a bit low" then completely blanked us and carried on having his photo taken leaning against his wing

makes me angry these idiots could kill someone completely innocent due to there incomptetancy
big eck

5th Sep 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy was found in amongst the trees well over the fencing so it says. Tbh having a stag do there is a seriously bad idea.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed
big eck

5th Sep 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought the place would have a Marshall type of guy checking that the cars and drivers were rpad worthy.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too many cars, the guys on the gates do a basic check

jag went over (again from uk ) and had oil dripping out the bottom, the marshalls told him to pull over as he was going through the gate, he realised that if he did he was going to have to pay 800 euros to get recovered so ignored them and drove off, on the last corner he lost all the oil, biker came round, slipped, dead

big eck

5th Sep 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that was the case then he sould have been charged with causing an accidental death.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i imagine there was something like that
Eddx14xe

5th Sep 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf if they didnt charge silly prices then he might of stopped. Is abit selfish though, that 800 euros would have stopped someone from being killed.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so would his stupidity, if you cant afford to go without cutting corners dont do it imo

anyway he wouldnt have had to pay up in front he could have had it invoiced

its not the rings prices anyway its what ADAC (aa equiv) charge

[Edited on 05-09-2011 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt really go if you arent willing to pay for the unexpected, tony had to pay 800 euros to get towed off when his PAS pipe blew, he could have just driven off but waitied and said because the PAS fluid on the track would have been lethal. So they got the track cleaner up there
Eddx14xe

5th Sep 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still alot of money. Thats like 6 year worth of AA membership.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of people get ADAC cover, costs 70 euros for the year and you will get repatriated off there for free
Mertin

5th Sep 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving on the road without a seat belt is one thing and risky enough, but why would you think that your going to be ok on a track and not need a seat belt?
Didnt deserve to die, but he took the risk himself. No one stopped him wearing a seatbelt and its obvious that it was a main factor in the cause of his death
AK

5th Sep 11 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so....

when are folk going to realise that 'the ring' is bloody unsafe?

I dont care what folk say about it NOT being a track.

It IS a track.

You should 100% be forced to wear a helmet, belts etc. Bikes shouldnt mingle with Cars.... never mind buses and roadworks.

How many people have to die stupid deaths for the folk that run it to realise they need to tighten the regs.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Death at the ring yesterday 22 database queries in 0.1136401 seconds