corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rollin road results

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rollin road results
Mitch

User status: Offline
15th Apr 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite every1.

My 1.2 16v is pushin out 77bhp, just got my print out from the rollin road.

The bloke there reckoned my 17's was causing a loss of top end speed, can 17's have that effect on the top speed?
Mitch

15th Apr 03 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes yes this is a problem. Gettin a FSE boost valve next week. Dreaming of sum nitrous, is that feasible?
Mitch

15th Apr 03 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WELL, im no expert, but i assumed more fuel = more power. add that with increased air flow and voila! fitting a boost valve wudnt cause it to run rich if its set up properly wud it/?

why is nos for girls? u shud put sum in ur supra and hit 400bhp
lacky75

15th Apr 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mitch is it a new Sxi 1.2 16v (75bhp version)?

been researching about modding this car and it seems like there is a little u can do to up the power.

first off there is a document in the faqs section about tuning the 1.2, apparently piper are bringing out a new manifold for this engine which with a little tinkering a 1.4 cat can be used (less restrictive= more power).

I'm also told when adding a stainless steel exhaust + modded air box + filter should yield good gains with the new manifold. A datek unichip rolling roaded with these mods should see u pushing nice figures.
lacky75

15th Apr 03 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to add, therese more u can do. U can add a dibilas inlet manifold which can be brought from Regal. After several e-mails from them they gaurantee a minimum of 15bhp from this engine and some nice tourque figures to boot!!

It costs £800 but these also includes new ECU/ chip cant remember which
lacky75

15th Apr 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would never use an induction kit (k&n, piper...etc) they create more probs then they solve
Mitch

15th Apr 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its not the sxi. well if i cant get much more power out of it, at least it sounds half decent. just tryin to get the best of what i have and can afford

adam, what engine corsa is running 165bhp?! have u got the spec on it?

lacky75

15th Apr 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:- There is no point tinkering with a 1.2 8v/16v

Thing is tho these nippy little cars (ok not fast) but nothing wrong with spending a little money tuning it just for that bit of extra performance (nothing more embarrasing then getting beat by citroen 2cv's )

As long as u dont spend too much modding it then i cant see a prob and u can have a little fun along the way.
Mitch

15th Apr 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my point exactly lacky! jus havin a larf and gettin in2 the moddin game. gotta start sumwhere...
Mitch

15th Apr 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i post a pic of my car?

New Poll