corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedo cable on L reg Corsa GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo cable on L reg Corsa GSI
Joe Edwards

User status: Offline
14th Aug 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have bought a Corsa GSI and the speedo doesnt work. Been told it was the speedo cable, how much of a nightmare is it to on a C16XE? Are they mechanical speedo's and not electronic?

Cheers guys.

Joe
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 11 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mechanical on that year, confirmed if the clocks start at 10.

They're not too bad but there's a lot of disassembly. Easier if you have a steering wheel puller but you can do it without removing the wheel.

You also need to do a bit of disassembly in the engine bay.

Although I would check the clock side first to ensure it hasn't just come away from the back of them.
Jake

14th Aug 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done it with just the battery removed and some of the trim on the dash - and obviously the clocks. its a tight squeeze and would have been a lot easier with smaller hands
Joe Edwards

15th Aug 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh i see, yeah thanks Ian i will check the back of the clocks first before tearing components off lol. One of those things that i really need some motivation to do but at the same time not a having a working speedo p*sses me off too! Thanks fellas!
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Three screws under the ignition cowl.

Turn the steering wheel and reveal the other two caps on the face of it.

Split the cowl and remove.

Three screws on the clock surround, remove.

Screw either side of the clocks and a clip on the top, press that up and the clocks will either come straight out with the cable not attached or still be clipped on and need separating. Small hands needed for that, you need to bend the clip towards you and it should come away.
JaffaTB

15th Aug 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think ive got a cable if you need to buy one
Joe Edwards

16th Aug 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian, advice doesnt get much better than that haha! And Jaffa i will let you know pal, my mate is going to have a rummage in his garage and if he doesnt, will give you a shout pal!

New Poll