corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anybody got a Barclays student account?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody got a Barclays student account?
Munchie

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yo anybody got a student account with barclays?how much % intrest do u get a year?there isnt anything on there web site! help me asap please!!!

oh and im talking bout an account for uni etc.......ta
beav

13th Apr 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Royal Bank of Scotland....major interest free overdraft something like £1250 and it increases the more years ur there. I know its better to stay in the positive but sometimes I need to eat
Bonus

13th Apr 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Munchie - I have a student account with Barclays. Dont know what the rate of interest is tho, cos barclays also give you £1250 interest free. Also give you a year to pay it back once your done 2.

Tip for you - Have 2 accounts. Have a normal current account, have your income and all you money going into that. Run your student account well into the red. You can then goto your uni and claim hardship, the'll ask to see your bank statements, you show them ure student account which is well in the red, they give you £500 for your trouble! Dont have to pay it either, and the'll never know how much money u really have sitting in ure other acount!
beav

13th Apr 03 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would actually feel bad at doing that..but its a bloody good idea
Phil321

13th Apr 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you are MEGA skint ie overdraft full, loans taken out, can't pay rent etc they won't give you a hardship grant. What I assume Bonus is talking about is a hardship loan, which is an extension of the student loan, which has to be paid back in full! Just means more debt!
Phil321

13th Apr 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus, if it was that easy, do you not think thousands of students would be doing it and they might catch on?
beav

13th Apr 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually have to sya thta we were told about these when we stared and im sure they were non repayable, we were told that if we were in any trouble to go and get one because last year they actually had to give money back to the goverment and the way it was put was "and we don't like doing that"
Bonus

13th Apr 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unis do both hardship loans and grants. If you go at begining of year you will almost definity get a loan, but anything after that is a grant. Latter on in the year its all grants cos they have to get rid of the whole pot of cash or they dont get as much the next year. You can do up 3 in a year, even if you get the 1st 500 in a loan and pay it back, the other 1000 is free anyway!
Munchie

13th Apr 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh neway....how much is da intrest on barclays student account then?! lol oh yeh and bonus....check ure last statement maybe? it will tell u ure rate of interest! cheers
Bonus

14th Apr 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at a statement.....Credit interest rate - 0.10%
broster
Premium Member

14th Apr 03 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lloyds acount is best, gives £1500 in 1st year! thanx mate, then get a natwest one £1250! wikid, many mods later i have -£2750! an where did my loan go, next instalment in 2 weeks! wikid!
Bonus

14th Apr 03 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, looking forward to a nice big lump! 2 weeks 2day! Its either going to pay for my 2ltr conversion or a bodykit, just need to decided which!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anybody got a Barclays student account? 22 database queries in 0.0127029 seconds