corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowering-No not a wheel Question...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowering-No not a wheel Question...
will h

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to lower my corsa when i get 17's put on.But i have heard conflicting reports while reading the messages.I cant afford a full sports suspension kit-but ive looked through total vauxhall and on here of corsas which have had 40 mm lowering springs placed on the car with standard dampers and they have been fine-Can anyone give me there views,so I can go looking to buya set of lowering springs-cause their alot cheaper than a full kit-Cheers
Plymouth_Corsa

13th Apr 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you lowering your car 60mm or less then springs alone will be fine, if however you want a more solid ride, better cornering or a even lower drop - then you will need shocks as well.
60mm is borderline whether or not you need uprated shocks, even if you do go 60mm springs and standard shocks they wont last too long, and you'll end up changing them eventually anyway.

But 40mm on standard shocks is fine.
will h

13th Apr 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent,thanks for your help,anyone else
CorsAsh

13th Apr 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with Plymouth_Corsa - no probs with lowerin 40mm onto standard shocks... go for it
NPac

13th Apr 03 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long do the standard shocks survive wen u drop 60mm? and how u know when 2 change em?
Icy

14th Apr 03 at 04:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fecked shocks........ride vbouncy, leakin......
50mm wil needs uprated shocks too

iv had -40mm on standard for while now
got 50mm up front now on standard shocks eek

New Poll