corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Debation time (argument)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Debation time (argument)
Liam-Wilko

User status: Offline
20th Jul 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i have been doing a bit of rescerch about the corsa sport and GSI i have tent to find alot of french car owners mainly 106 GTI and saxo VTS slaying these care what are peoples true views about a corsa and what do u thing have the best power portentiol from the 3 cars i am a majer corsa nut ant would choose my little old corsa over any car that is french
Linch

20th Jul 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try find a low milage example of either a sport or gsi.

You will more likely find a decent sport mind.
Jed D

20th Jul 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an ok/decent sport for just over £400 so they are out there

not French i suppose

[Edited on 20-07-2011 by JedDy]
Liam-Wilko

21st Jul 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking for a debation on these dam 106GTIs and saxo VTSs what do u think is a better car our little corsas or the dam french heaps
Jed D

21st Jul 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like corsa best myself, but them vts's can go like
SEAN_P_

21st Jul 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some vts saxos put up a good fight with redtops there quick like
SEAN_P_

21st Jul 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A wouls say from the factory wise. french are quicker
bullock106xsi

21st Jul 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old burgundy 8v xsi would of spunked all ower a 1600 sport. was 1600 8v with a cam, 4branch decat group n and air filter. rapid little cunt. my most recent xsi had a gti engine in and it would of been all ower a redtop corsa all day long. so fuckin quick. havin said that. i`d have a corsa over a 106 now. me sport might not chase down vts or gti but its less likely to fuckin break hahaha
Liam-Wilko

21st Jul 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol iv opend this as a descustion cor my corsa sport a few may remember it it was red with black cav CDI wheels 14" i put a 1600 sport lump in and a 4-2-1 manifold and an induction kit and cobra sport full system and it was quit rapid slayed my mates gti and stuck with my other mates vts aspecial round corners and roundabout i understan that them 106 gtis and saxo vtss are fast cars but saying that if u put all same mods on a corsa sport gsi or red top as u would a 106 or saxo what do u think will pull better
grimmy

21st Jul 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've owned a vtr, vts, 16 sport an then put an xe in it, in standard form the french cars are alot quicker than the corsa's surprising how quick the the vts is for a 1.6 16v, but when working on cars i found the corsa alot easier to change parts on an took less time changing bits over, also the vauxhalls seem to hold there value alot better than the french cars,

[Edited on 21-07-2011 by grimmy]
bullock106xsi

21st Jul 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard vts/gti against a standard 1600 sport the french wud spunk them no bother. once you start serious mods like cams remaps etc the frenchys are unreal but tend to break easy. your mates gti n vts not broke lol?
arizona ste

21st Jul 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember racing a vtr back from stanley bypass in my 1.6 8v arden blue corsa he tried over taking me and i thought nar dropped it to fourth and he tried but couldnt get passed he pulled back in behind then i left him (and he turned of in shame haha) id chose vauxhall anyday but havent really had anything other than a vauxhall but theres time yet lol
bullock106xsi

21st Jul 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

long box on the vtrs like. i had 1.3 rallye box on my 1600 8v xsi. topped off at 120mph. on my 16v xsi i had the 1.4 xsi box too which is shit hot for accell too. the boxes on the vtrs are really long tho imo.
daveybee

21st Jul 11 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there faster because there lighter, my old 1.6 would stick with them, only after havin a regal remap, 4branch and other bits, but my valver wud pull a car length every gear until 5th. then they would start goin backwards,
personally I went for a redtop because there 150bhp standard so its a good number to add to, strong engine and performance parts are widely and fairly cheap.
but... along came my LET engine.
Liam-Wilko

22nd Jul 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya the VST if im not mistaken ended up with mager gear box problems and iv hear that yest the gtis and vts are powerfull mainly as standard but the portentiol is wider and better for a corsa i have got to agree tho that the corsa is the best looking of the 3 and saxos and 106s are realy chavvy like what is the bhp max out of a c16 that i would be looking at if cash was not a problem as im sick of basic engins and this day and age not meny people care about standard v standard in the moding community
bullock106xsi

22nd Jul 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt say the mk1 106s r chavvy. xsi n rallye r retro cool im biased tho. owned 4 xsis. all french cars end up with gearbox problems coz there made of fuckin chocolate hahaha
daveybee

22nd Jul 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jam sport in northampton had a a x16 runnin 245@ the wheels but that was a money no problem build. my mates 170+ bhp x16 used to torture my other mates 106gti that was on management and throttle bodies
Jed D

22nd Jul 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveybee
jam sport in northampton had a a x16 runnin 245@ the wheels

spec on that?
daveybee

22nd Jul 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure but the head cost about 4k from sbd motorsport
Liam-Wilko

22nd Jul 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hhhhmmmm im starting to get more idears on this when u think about it if they allowed for the corsa to have had the 150 bhp then the rolls would b a hell of a turn around as the only reson why meny people do not like the corsa is cos of its lack of power compard to its rivels the gti and vts i wish i could get a hold of what lotus had don originaly and find out what vauxhall replaced and rebuild it bit by bit but i want to go for small block like a 1600 with big power
grimmy

22nd Jul 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt agree that saxos an 106's are more chavvy than corsas, its all really down to who ever owns the cars as i have seen some terrible examples of both cars an then again nice ones of them all.
Liam-Wilko

22nd Jul 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like it may just be round were i live cos there is only one 106 that i know that looks any good and its a 106 vts hahaha if that makes sens my mate has a 1.1 106 gti rep with a VTS lump all camed ext looks good but i still profer a corsa over a 106 gti
Dan H

22nd Jul 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much rather have a corsa than a vts/gti like, me mate has a vts and my old c16xe that linch bought off me used to keep up with him no problem.. corsa for the win, im goin to be goin onto my 4th corsa soon
Liam-Wilko

22nd Jul 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on my 4th iv had a 1.4 8v a 1.4 16v witch i put a 1.6 16v in and that use to keep up and in some cases beat some VTS and GTI was suprisingly quick iv had a x20xe corsa witch my opinion was CACK and now iv got a 1lt corsa witch is nippy for a 1 lt buy got plans for it as u can prob see lol small block big power
vaux.dan

23rd Jul 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the driver aswell IMO. My mate has a vts with a saxsport exhaust system on and from what I heard he kept up with Sean. Sean said he pulled away I
5th but it's the quickest vts iv seen and been in. I have tried to move away from
Corsas ( had 8 corsa b's) and try something else. Keep looking at saxo VTRs to do a 16v conversion but I'm so tempted to get another 1600 corsa b.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Debation time (argument) 23 database queries in 0.1969390 seconds