corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SOTW part 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SOTW part 2
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jul 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly i never said my car was a race car, i had issues with my car lifting at high speeds i resolved that by putting a splitter onto the car, I used materials which where cheap, readily availible, easy to work with and proven to work. what is the problem?

does the credibility of what im saying dissapear as ive only been on track once? what is it going to take for you to just accept what im saying isnt wrong?
Ben J

20th Jul 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve doesn't NEED a cage. You don't NEED a splitter. Same shit.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve has alternatives to get to the same result, the only real alternatives i had was to cut big holes in the front of the clam which was more costly and i didnt want to do it. my splitter cost me about £5.00
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris has a valid point imo. Yes, adding a cage would also improve safety, but what Steve wants primarily is improved handling which you can get from ARBs without having to remove the interior and get the welder out.

Chris' splitter is irrelevant - he had a problem that he wanted to solve which was lifting at high speed. Adding a splitter fixed that. Maybe there were other ways of solving the problem but that was the easiest and cheapest way of doing it.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would want a cage for safety and chassis ridgity, arbs only solve one of those.

plus my car already has a front ARB, granted its nothing uprated or adjustable, i dont think either would benefit my handling to a large degree

a cage would provide a safety peace of mind though

chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well imo i think your cars roof is enough to stop you dying if you roll your car, but since your the one driving the car and if you feel safer with a cage then get a cage.

have you got harnesses?
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to improve safety as well as handling then by all means a cage would be the solution.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Steve
Premium Member

no that would come with a cage and new seats etc

i wouldnt bother putting a cage in with the seats i have now would be stupid
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you have done umpteen track days, trips to the nurburgring, worrying about safety and you havent even got a harness in your car...
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sry m8 dat is wak

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant afford to do everything at once, building a car takes time
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have saved the money up by not going on track so often though

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get out of date harnesses for as little as £50, 2 eye bolts job done..
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what you two lovely imbeciles are saying is that i should put my hobby on hold until i can afford the ultimate car?

dont be absurd, i think i have gone about it exactly right, started off with a basic car, learnt the limits of that, improved it..etc etc
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve would want FIA approved brand new harnesses so that he could pretend he's Paul_J.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul J pretends to be me the fucking welk
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
so what you two lovely imbeciles are saying is that i should put my hobby on hold until i can afford the ultimate car?

dont be absurd, i think i have gone about it exactly right, started off with a basic car, learnt the limits of that, improved it..etc etc
No I'm not saying that, what I mean is if you missed out one track day then you could have got the harnesses or whatever to improve safety which is something you wanted to work on.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Al abt budgtin m8

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all swings and roundabouts, what i would i have gained in experience is probably as valuable as a decent brake setup or something.

experience makes you better as much as upgrading your car does
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your the one going on about safety all of a sudden if it was such a big factor i would of thought it would be one of the first things on your list.

yea, you got a car, learnt your limits and are now improving the car as you go along, fair doo's nothing wrong with that.. just dont sit there pretending that you cant afford £50 for some harnesses..
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its all swings and roundabouts, what i would i have gained in experience is probably as valuable as a decent brake setup or something.

experience makes you better as much as upgrading your car does

better brake kit maybe but were taking about safety now buddy.. you cant put a price on your life.. i mean.. god forbid you roll your car or anything
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what the issue here is I'm just a regular guy in an average car who does a few track days and trying to improve my car to suit and you two are picking apart what I'm saying like I'm in court

[Edited on 20-07-2011 by Steve]
mwg

20th Jul 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the hell are you doing to this car now?
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't know what the issue here is I'm just a regular guy in an average car who does a few track days and trying to improve my car to suit and you two are picking apart what I'm saying like I'm in court

[Edited on 20-07-2011 by Steve]

mate, its quite simple.. you wanted to do something with your car i gave you a number of things you could do.. but since im not part of the ''in crowd'' my word is tarnished.. and since ive only been on track once.. i automatically know nothing..

taylorboosh

20th Jul 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at this thread, steve if you think your puma is too twitchy a rear arb is a waste as they make them a lot more oversteery, a uprated front one would also be a waste as would make it understeery, get some tbs instead

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SOTW part 2 23 database queries in 0.0358269 seconds