corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rabbits :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rabbits :(
Mikeboy

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit one last night , big beastie it was - my first roadkill ever tho.

Jumped out on me as I was going round this sharp bend, the verge is low so u can see cars , but it was hidden behind the verge bit, couldn't see it until I was almost on top of it, then it jumped infront..

Looked for it for about 20 minutes. Found some body fluids of some sort in the wheel arch, along with some fur on the exhaust manifold i think it is. Couldn't find the body tho.

Not nice.

Well it got me thinking, if you hit an animal, lets say a Rabbit. You severely injure it - it's ribs are stuck out the side of its body , and its choking on its blood. (This didn't happen btw, but hypothetically speaking). OK - what would you do? You obvioucly can't leave it to suffer. Who would drive back a bit, get a bit of speed up, and then run over it again, quickly and humanely to put it out of its misery ?

What else would you/could you do? Say your not a vet, so don't have anything you can give it to put it down, and your not a farmer, so you can't shoot it ...

You wouldn't really want to stamp on it, cos that's a bit sick, especially if you were unsuccessful again, and just added to it's pain

Sorry if this causes any offence - none intended. I like rabbits, - I'm well upset and annoyed at myself for hitting one.
Trotty

13th Apr 03 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say I've had any roadkill incidents as of yet, but that doesn't sound nice I must admit.

As for putting it out of it's misery, I guess you'd have to 'have another go' as it were, couldn't bloody stamp on it IMO
Chris@Speedfreex

13th Apr 03 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done a pheasent once think my car had more damage lol. made a right mess my me car it did.

i can wot ur saying i felt awful thinking that it cud be lying in the gutter sum place dying slowly.

to be honest if i actually saw a ver injuryed animal that id hit and knew there was nothing i cud do. i reckon id ave to go bak abit and put it out of its msiery
Colin

13th Apr 03 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hat a cat a while back, hit it quite fast - brown bread straight away. Had a female passenger, she starts crying cos ive killed this cat I had stopped the car a soon as I hit it and tried to calm her down, all she kept going on about was this damn cat. I got out walked over to the cat picked it up and threw it into someones garden, went back to the car and told her it was ok, it had got up and run off she still thinks that to this day

dont worry about it mate ive hit 3 cats and one seagull to this day
Sam
Premium Member

13th Apr 03 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin J
I got out walked over to the cat picked it up and threw it into someones garden, went back to the car and told her it was ok, it had got up and run off

LMAO
Demo

13th Apr 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you mame some animal really badly then just snap its neck and out it out of its misery painlessly. dont run it back over as thats just sick.

as for the cat story LMAO
Mav 3000

13th Apr 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a rabbit run out from the hedge and hit my car wheel - just hearda dull thud and thereit was in my rear view - dead. It was in a country road but the hedge was miles back - he didn't look before he ran out. I was going to go back ans my mum and girlfriend who were with me were calling me a murderer and saying I shoould check on it, but when I went back another car had run over it proper and had saquashedit totally! I felt awful and it ruined the day out.

I've driven over a kat before that somebody infront of me had hit - being carful to get my wheels either side, and have also driven over a dog which was lying in the road - there would have been nothing I could have done to help, and there were other people stopping on both occasions, so I drove on.

Still feel bad to this day
Colin

13th Apr 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lass at work hit a deer in her M3, cost about £9k to fix it Think id shite myself if I hit one of those fu<kers.....+ no chance I could dump that in someones garden
DanielJ

13th Apr 03 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant stop laughin, a sheeo once startd runnin at me m8s 306 an it butted the frnt bumper
Mav 3000

13th Apr 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you've got to laugh - if only to stop yourself from crying!

Looking back they are stupid aren't they - not like Corsas are silent cars is it!
someone

13th Apr 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lass at work hit a deer in her M3, cost about £9k to fix it Think id shite myself if I hit one of those fu<kers.....+ no chance I could dump that in someones garden

same thing happened to a bloke i know he was doing 80 and it jump out on him - the car was a right off.
Mikeboy

13th Apr 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000
I had a rabbit run out from the hedge and hit my car wheel ....- he didn't look before he ran out

LOL @ he didnt look

[Edited on 13-04-2003 by Mikeboy]
Karnage Corsa

13th Apr 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you have to laugh at that jesus christ I would shit myself, I hit a pheasant all I heard was a dull thud but looked behind and could not c a thing pulled over to check the car and there was nothing in site that was about 3 years ago in my old nova. Then about 2 months back I was driving on the a19 local motorway and there again another pheasant at the side of the road so I pull over to the right hand lane thinking please dont walk out into the road and just as I go by it walks out car behind hits it and it flies into the air must of been about 20 foot high and me ex starts crying saying I should go back to see if it was ok, I mean christ a pheasant gets hit by a car doing about 80 it aint going to survive is it
Mav 3000

13th Apr 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pheasant soup - with croutons you don't wanna chew!
PaulW

13th Apr 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit a rabbit once, watched it fly away in 2 opposite directions behind me
IntaCepta

13th Apr 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a rabbit and a fox ate it! left bits on the garden was distrort as fuck!

so if u hit a rabit or any other animal i'd be fucked!!

if i did tho and it was dead i'd probably have to snap it's neck, or sharp blow to the head with my torch

no pleasent but for the best.

i'd probably drive my car into a wall to avoid the animal if i could..
PaulW

13th Apr 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wouldnt like my grandad then, he ran over a pheasant, stopped his car and picked it up, took it home & had it for his tea!
Voyto

13th Apr 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit a bird with my courtasy car once. a big fat pidgeon it was. just kept goin, but when i got to work i had feathers that were all stuck to the grill with the birds own guts, whoops!
PaulW

13th Apr 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've pulled a birds beak out of my windscreen before now, dont know where the bird was though!!
Adam-D

13th Apr 03 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had a shhite sierra there was two pigeons in road messin about he swerverd toward them expecten them to fly off 1 did the other one was slow got as hogh as the bonnet and exploded ass the way up the bonnet, screen, and across the roof he didnt stop coz he knew it was dead got to work and spent ages tryin to get the birds insides off hiz car! was smeared all the way up
CorsAsh

13th Apr 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw a hedgehog in the road the other day, so managed to get my wheels each side of it - didnt reckon on having a lowered car tho... it took me ages to get all the prickly bits outta my mesh
Adam-D

13th Apr 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 2 rabbits fox eat em i found only the heads i was upset so i biult a bigger stronger run and set the cage about a foot into the ground got 2 new rabbits a couple of months later the bugger had dug under and eaten those we didnt get any more.
CorsAsh

13th Apr 03 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ex-girlfriend had two rabbits that she forgot to bring in durin winter, she went out one mornin and they were both frozen solid - poor bastards
Adam-D

13th Apr 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sad but funny
Fad

13th Apr 03 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJ
cant stop laughin, a sheeo once startd runnin at me m8s 306 an it butted the frnt bumper

once down a country lane my mates mum was taking him to school and this horse jumped out of the hedge and reared up then jumped on the car bonnet
That pretty much finished the little fiat panda

as for road killa amte of mine hit a deer doing 60 totaled the car....went straight into the windscreen

and for that sick fucker @ chuckin the cat into some one else's garden!!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rabbits :( 22 database queries in 0.0884740 seconds