corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » H&H ignition dizzy to c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author H&H ignition dizzy to c20xe
Jeem

User status: Offline
30th May 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting a H&H ignition distributer to a c20xe ive taken off original ecu igntion an the new 'dizzy' wont fit coz the shaft is to long it hits the ball bearing in the end of the cam shaft ive done a search and all i can find is someone says shorten the dizzy's shaft, i dont want to start cutting things until i know for sure, anyone fitted or come across this problem

[Edited on 30-05-2011 by Jeem]
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th May 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckly I had some dizzy cams when I did mine. It will be fine to do it, I know it seems wrong.

Might be worth putting a drop of oil in with it, because I think it lubes it.

What carbs are you using?
Jeem

30th May 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the reply, its kevxx car am putting together he's got R1 carbs, you say a drop of oil what bout a bit of grease to last longer, also since we're loosing the ecu all of the sensors are unused now ye? as far as ive read its only the starter an altenator wired up
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah grease would be good, all you need is the temp gauge sensor for the dash. If you can get a old crank sensor cut the wire off that, and not a good one like I did, GM ones are like £70.

Have fun.
Jeem

31st May 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok called H&H the day, the guy i spoke to said some customers push the ball bearing down the centre of the camshaft with a gently chap to let the dizzy fit, will try that the night

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by Jeem]
ianofbhills

31st May 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it the problem is you are trying to fit a distributor to a dispac engine.

Could be easier to just fit a dizzy exhaust cam if the ball bearing wont move?
Jeem

5th Jun 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
I take it the problem is you are trying to fit a distributor to a dispac engine.

Could be easier to just fit a dizzy exhaust cam if the ball bearing wont move?

Ye dispac engine but the ball bearing moved fine with a couple taps with hammer an punch so thats that problem solved so far

New Poll