corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Dizzy - No Spark or Fuel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Dizzy - No Spark or Fuel
deneven

User status: Offline
   1st May 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just converted the corsa into a C20XE. Plugged everything in connected the wires up and hey no go.

Engine isn't sparking, no EML is coming on when key is turned, no fuel being pumped.

When i first try to start it the thin black cable in the plug melted!!! Even though it was sent to a switched live. Checked the rest of the loom and it looks to be ok, just cover melted.

Now it's time to figure out why the hell it aint sparking or fueling.

There is a plug thats left, comes from the same point as the AFM, cant find a place for it either as theres no plugs left. Krank sensor is wire to the red plug at the rear and so is the ICV.

Everything to my knowledge and guidance is in place ready to go.

Help will be much appreciated...

[Edited on 01-05-2011 by deneven]
scunnylad

1st May 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The knock sensor goes into the same loom as the icv. the crank sensor joins to the loom near the afm it runs along the front of the engine. if the wire melted something is shorting it out early or its not wired correctly.
deneven

1st May 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the knock sensor, ICV and the crank sensor all plugged in, but still left with a plug.

Just read a little more on the net, and found out that the switched live is next the the coilpack (Single black wire).

But then theres a switched live (On the Corsa Plug) on the Loom inside next to the kick panel.

Which one should i wire up?
Linch

1st May 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to wire the ignition live from the c20xe loom into a ignition live on the car.

Give me a ring could come take a look for you.

[Edited on 01-05-2011 by Linch]
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd May 11 at 06:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have the switched live wire in wrong if you've melted it, you might of also blown a fuse.

The thin black wire needs to be joined to the one in the footwell.

What kind of Corsa is it?
deneven

2nd May 11 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a corsa sport.

I now know what i've done wrong. I wire a switched live up to the switched live in the corsa loom giving it too much power causing it to melt.

So by rights if i wire the correct switched live the car should start theoretically.

Hopefully no damage has been done which i can see.

New Poll