corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you replace tailgate/bootlid??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you replace tailgate/bootlid??
dragon2309

User status: Offline
30th Apr 11 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As title says, any special way to remove and replace the tailgate on a corsa B? Need to swap my rusty one for a shiny new one but i've never done it before.
ramboreynolds

30th Apr 11 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two hinges need tapping out, slip loom out beforehand and replace with new one. I did my first boot change the other week. Took 40 mins, alot easier with a mate. Hardest bit it getting loom back into boot. I sent rope down and pulled it through. Hope this helps
dragon2309

1st May 11 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, hoped it was that simple tbh. Shouldnt be too hard then with 2 pairs of hands. Will need to swap boot lock over aswell, easy job.

With the loom i think i'll use my trusty straightened out piece of metal coat hanger, should be alright then.

Thanks again
Ian
Site Administrator

1st May 11 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tie some spare wire around the plug when you pull the old one out.

Passenger side panel off first, disconnect the loom. Pull that all through.

Hose has a joiner, disconnect.

Gas struts off.

C clips off the hinges, tap the pins out, leave with a boot lid.
dragon2309

1st May 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Ian! So does the bootlid loom disconnect in the car then? Or is it all wired in permanent and you gave to pull the loom out of the boot?

Ian
Site Administrator

1st May 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It disconnects, you need the side panel off from inside the boot and you'll see the loom come down the pillar and in to the plug.
dragon2309

1st May 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent stuff, thanks again ian. much help.

Tailgates getting delivered on wednesday so hopefully shouldnt be too hard.

thanks

New Poll