corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v to 1.6 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v to 1.6 16v
Jonny.N

User status: Offline
26th Apr 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could someone write a list of what i need? and it has epas aswell if thats any use? dont wanna go down the route of taking the dash out to change to normal pas setup, ideally wanna make the epas work with the 1.6 16v if its possible? thanks
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=601754
Jonny.N

26th Apr 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks
Jonny.N

26th Apr 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does that work with epas?
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to convert the aux belt setup to one from an early corsa 1.4 16v sri so that you can run it without the 1.6 PAS pump. Its all explained in the tutorial in the link above
Jonny.N

27th Apr 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i seen that, but how do i go about wiring in the epas is what i ment to put
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny.N
yeah i seen that, but how do i go about wiring in the epas is what i ment to put

Shouldnt need to touch the wiring for the EPAS mate. You'll just have to extend the dash loom wiring over to the driver side footwell for the ECU as the loom comes out in a different place in the engine bay on the 1.2 16v's
AlexW

27th Apr 11 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your have fun with EPAS as changing the dash loom means the fusebox is in the way of the EPAS motor, plus it needs wiring in, as the factory wiring will be part of the dash loom.

Ditch the EPAS and go for fluid pas.

[Edited on 27-04-2011 by AW06]
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Your have fun with EPAS as changing the dash loom means the fusebox is in the way of the EPAS motor, plus it needs wiring in, as the factory wiring will be part of the dash loom.

Ditch the EPAS and go for fluid pas.

He doesnt want to change the dash loom you tit
AlexW

27th Apr 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh didnt read that bit. If your rewiring all the ecu plug then yes, it will be fine, But I just wouldn't do it that way as its not perfect
Jonny.N

27th Apr 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just dont wanna go through the hassle of taking the dash out to swap looms and pas setup etc again, as i did that with my last one a month ago and gave up with it , trying to do it in a way i dont need to swap anything interior wise ideally, so anyone any ideas how to and where to wire epas in? a autospark should be able to do it no probz?
Jonny.N

27th Apr 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny.N

Shouldnt need to touch the wiring for the EPAS mate. You'll just have to extend the dash loom wiring over to the driver side footwell for the ECU as the loom comes out in a different place in the engine bay on the 1.2 16v's

yeah extending the wires etc isnt the problem, when i disconnect the epas from the ecu, theres a red and grey( i think) cable sitting there, surely thats to power it? its where that would get connected to,
Jonny.N

28th Apr 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1?

New Poll