corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Iphone charging issue / port replacement ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Iphone charging issue / port replacement ?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 11 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to have an issue with my iphone 3g charging.

Sometimes when i plug it in, it will not charge, if i keep trying it, it will work eventually. Then it will be sitting on the side, nothing moves and it stops charging/bleeps to say its charging again.

Ive tried a completely different charger, and its still the same. It wont work plugged into pc either.

Im suspecting its the charging port faulty? Anyone changed one? Easy?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
ed

25th Apr 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just check you've not got anything random stuck in the port. A friend had a piece of plastic trapped in there and it would only charge in the dock - they do look fairly prone to being able to get stuff trapped in there. As for replacing the connector, no idea but you'd probably be best off getting it done by someone like http://www.theiphonedoctor.co.uk or Apple.

(Disclaimer for people called Dom: I only said that it looks like you can get stuff trapped in the dock, I await you posting articles to blogs saying something otherwise and I've only posted the iPhone doctor link because I've seen that particular company on lots of other websites and it came to mind first).
ed

25th Apr 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, the dock doesn't look too difficult to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9buJc5o50

I replaced the screen on my 3G and they do come apart fairly easily if you buy the right toolkit. You can probably find all the bits on Ebay along with a case opening kit.
Dan
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I've done a screen or 2, so that's not an issue.

There's nothing stuck in it, it's spotless.

I ordered a new extra capacity battery, a charging port and screen on Thursday, so hopefully by end of week they will be here.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this happened on one of my nokias, needed the port replacing although that only happened the second time it went back the first time they just reflashed the software and said it was fixed

cunts

[Edited on 26-04-2011 by Steve]

New Poll