corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clamp and scrap

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clamp and scrap
Jed D

User status: Offline
19th Apr 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard about this a while ago, so...

does it count for motorbikes?
if your car is sorn off the road can they do it?
if yes then what if you have it locked away, will the fuckers break in to clamp it

its shocking! especially the way insurance is these days.

p.s i dont approve of driving uninsured although i have done it once before
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Apr 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For probably 99.9% of people, this isn't actually a problem.

The scummers who drive uninsured day in day out will just sorn their cars and continue to drive without tax and insurance, the people who are driving legit will continue driving legit, the only problem areas are people who have bought a replacement car and still need to sell their previous one but had planned to just day insure it when someone wants to test drive it but now they have to keep it insured which yes, is bollocks and people who have trackday/weekend cars who would usually day insure them when they wanted to use them rather than pay for a full policy which was unneeded, now they have to keep the car insured or plan ahead and make sure tax and insurance is in place for the day they want to use it and once finished, send the tax back and sorn it, which is utter bollocks.

So in summary, it's a load of bollocks which inconveniences genuine, law abiding drivers.

Congratulations to the man that came up with this idea, you've probably fooled a lot of people into thinking you're trying to fight the uninsured driver when you're actually just raping the wallets of genuine law abiding people. Well done you thieving scum
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Apr 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MikePaul_JB
AlexW

19th Apr 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. My car is Taxed atm but not insured, Its because I have no idea when It will be fixed or when I'll be needing it again.

I think everybody (in the car world lol) understands its pointless, stupid and just another way to rape motorists, Not that we don't already pay enough.
oceansoul

19th Apr 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
i heard about this a while ago, so...

does it count for motorbikes?
if your car is sorn off the road can they do it?
if yes then what if you have it locked away, will the fuckers break in to clamp it

its shocking! especially the way insurance is these days.

p.s i dont approve of driving uninsured although i have done it once before

If car is sorn'ed then it doesn't need insurance. Does no one actually read/understand the entire article.

ChrisBoom

19th Apr 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better get the astra sold then
LeeM

19th Apr 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cars taxed but not insured, it's for sale and I'm not driving it so no need for insurance, but if I sorn it it can't be driven away straight away
davcohen

21st Apr 11 at 04:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one of the reasons I moved to texas atleast here you can shoot someone who is on your property and not go to jail lol
RKS

21st Apr 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
now they have to keep the car insured or plan ahead and make sure tax and insurance is in place for the day they want to use it and once finished, send the tax back and sorn it,

If you want to do this twice within 21 days it won't work, this form http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_065248.pdf
states that if you re-tax you car 21 days after declaring it sorn you aren't entitled to a refund,

its just an excuse to issue more fines, like the whole sorn thing was just an excuse to fine people. what does it really matter if you car runs out of tax and you aren't driving it.

besides as stated above anyone that currently drives uninsured/untaxed aren't going to care about this anyway, most will just ignore the fines and keep driving. What does it matter if the DLVA sieze and crush thier £50 banger thats cheaper than both tax and insurance,
Gary
Premium Member

21st Apr 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ. How many of these threads do we need about this ffs. YOU DON'T NEED INSURANCE IF YOUR CAR IS SORN!! IF YOUR NOT USING IT DECLARE IT SORN AND GET THE REMAINDER OF THE TAX MONEY BACK!

fazza

21st Apr 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if your engine goes boom and you borrow a mates car until you can fix yours(say a week).

then swapping your current insurance to your mates car so you can drive it, this meaning your car with the fooked engine is going to get clamped until the engine is fixed? not everyone has private land to store the cars...

government/dvla Wankers....

M2RTY

22nd Apr 11 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its on public land it needs insurance at all times anyway

If its on private land, dont let them on unless they have a police warrant, hardly likely really they will waste time on it

I buy a few cars from friends/family when they get new ones, then sell them on. I keep them on my land for a week or 2 a time, uninsured, as their policy has been moved to their new car. Criminal? Fuck no. Getting on my land? Like they will ever try
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Apr 11 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get a week or 2 anyways, iirc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clamp and scrap 22 database queries in 0.0115829 seconds