corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Asus/MSI laptops and netbooks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Asus/MSI laptops and netbooks
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Apr 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoughts on these? Has anyone owned/used one before?

I am able to get a regular supply of these from one of my suppliers, but I don't know whether they are worth a punt or if I should just stick to other well known brands.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much could you sell them for? My laptop has died completely now
Sam
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The IBM is dead? What happened?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with the screen going off then locking up has just got steadily worse. Took it all apart and everything's in where it should be, so much be the GPU like I thought. Had a rage this morning and threw it across the room so it's totally had it now, won't even do anything on screen.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on how attached you are to your laptop, I could get the GPU reballed on the motherboard (i.e. resoldered) for about £100 inc. delivery back to you.

This isn't me that does it BTW but one of my trade suppliers who've been doing it for about 13 years I think, day in day out.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can sort that anyway tbh mate, plus only paid £80 for the laptop a few years ago, so it's had a decent run. I might just buy another exactly the same, depending on how much a cheap netbook would cost, hence me asking.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get something else (different) I'd advise stripping the IBM and selling the individual parts - I've always made more money doing this than selling the laptop as a whole, and in some cases made more than if I sold an actual working laptop for some reason!

I'll let you know about prices mate as I'm in email contact with them as we speak trying to negotiate some better prices!
Brett
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'd probably have away what bits I can. I might still fix it yet. It's just with me throwing it around and getting angry, it looks a bit beaten up now and pretty ruined. It had a habit of locking up at exactly the wrong time, like writing a massive email or something, hence the rage Let me know on price anyway if you go ahead.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do mate.
Doug

15th Apr 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett would you want a Samsung NC10 netbook with ram upgrade?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe, depends how much. They're about £150 2nd hand on ebay.
Leighton

15th Apr 11 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam who are your suppliers u2u me i might be able to get you them cheeper
Doug

15th Apr 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Maybe, depends how much. They're about £150 2nd hand on ebay.

That's the sort of price I was thinking of. I'm off to USA next week so was tempted to buy an iPad 2 while I am out there. Would want to take the Netbook with me though to sync it while I am out there.

Are you desperate to buy right now or would you be happy to wait until May 5th?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, I'm not desperate yet Commandeered the mrs laptop.
Doug

15th Apr 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We might have a deal then

I could even leave a "legit" version of Windows 7 Ultimate on there. Which actually runs faster than the Win XP it came with
Sam
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually have an Acer netbook with XP on it that I've hardly used (we only used it when we wanted to go online whilst in the USA last year), considering buying a tablet like an iPad or whatever and selling the netbook.

Probably worth a packet of crisps too.

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by Sam]
Brett
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry guys, just bought the exact same laptop I had. Luckily found one without charger and a few bits, which of course I already have spare, so was a winner
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saying that, their registered phone number on ebay doesn't work and they've not responded to any messages yet. Really wanted to collect it today I'll be pissed if they back out because they don't like how much it sold for.

New Poll