corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Frost Blue 20XE - FOR SALE, may Split

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Frost Blue 20XE - FOR SALE, may Split
TwinFlow

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta say i'm glad this was bumped up near the top so I could find it easyer.

First off, I saw this at Trax, going round the track and loved it and first sight.
It's brilliant, love what you have done with it and wish I could do the same with mine.

When I saw you heading round track at Silverstone I had a feeling it was a 1.2 just by the speed, but gotta say even though it didn't have much poke it looked great. I may have some photo's of you I took while at Trax, I will dig them out and post back here tomorrow

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see that engine go in.
Edges 58

15th Nov 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
How the fuck did you manage to drive home with that in the back? Surely you were scraping as your car is low as hell as it is

Haha coilovers mate, lifted the rears like 2/2 and half inches... It came down about that much with the engine in so was around normal ride height
Edges 58

15th Nov 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TwinFlow
Gotta say i'm glad this was bumped up near the top so I could find it easyer.

First off, I saw this at Trax, going round the track and loved it and first sight.
It's brilliant, love what you have done with it and wish I could do the same with mine.

When I saw you heading round track at Silverstone I had a feeling it was a 1.2 just by the speed, but gotta say even though it didn't have much poke it looked great. I may have some photo's of you I took while at Trax, I will dig them out and post back here tomorrow

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see that engine go in.

Ahh mate some pics from trax would be great!! And thanks a lot!! It was so wet on silverstone while I was on track it was rediculous but still a right laugh!
AlexW

15th Nov 11 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
Question; is the induction coil of my 1.2 8v suitable to use on a 20xe?

No, You need a XE one that suits your loom. Lots a different ones around.
TwinFlow

15th Nov 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here are a few of the best I took of your car. If you want them all in high resolution just u2u me

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by TwinFlow]

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by TwinFlow]
dannyboy17

15th Nov 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did i miss this at trax?!
Edges 58

15th Nov 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannyboy17
how did i miss this at trax?!

Was on a shit stand to be honest on the outskirts. And only 15 mins on track haha

Thanks for the pics twinflow!!! They are ace!
Edges 58

27th Nov 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, so i have my engine and most the parts for my conversion, few questions with pictures that i hope people can help me out with;

got this fuel pump outta a 1.2 16v SXi at the scrap yard.. how much of it do i need to swap for my SPI pump?

these fixings on the fuel lines on the pump, do i have to use these kinda fixings when refitting or what other type? where from?

stuggling to see where this cooling pipe goes... might be clear when i get the old engine out but worth asking while im here

is this the breather? just under the throttle on the inlet mani, one pipe comes from the cam cover, screws into the mani and 2 pipes goin between mani branches to be blocked with bolts??? i thought somethin about an sfi box in standard form but dunno really

at the drivers side end of the inlet mani, gallery from the head into the mani to a pipe blocked by a bolt... important??

pass side end of the mani, a friend suggested it might be somethin to do with the brake servo??

whats this? under the inlet, looks to be connected to cooling pipes

Also the inlet manifold has a fair amount of oil on the inside, a smell of petrol too, suggestions to what could be the cause/fault and what to do about it? i'm gonna be getting coolant, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, ex/inlet mani gaskets.. thinkin halfords with a friends trade card... should i be lookin elsewhere or will halfords do?

thanks for reading the essay
Sean-B

27th Nov 11 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That last thing is the idle control valve
Edges 58

27th Nov 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh cool, thanks
Sean-B

27th Nov 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure that long cooling pipe attached from that three port connector to the header tank. I'm 90% sure from what I can remember from mine.
Edges 58

27th Nov 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

three port?
Jamie-C

27th Nov 11 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these fixings on the fuel lines on the pump, do i have to use these kinda fixings when refitting or what other type? where from?

You don't have to use them fixings, jubilee clips or similar would be fine. But if you don't to use them ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories-/131090/i.html?_nkw=ear+clip&_catref=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1538

stuggling to see where this cooling pipe goes... might be clear when i get the old engine out but worth asking while im here

is this the breather? just under the throttle on the inlet mani, one pipe comes from the cam cover, screws into the mani and 2 pipes goin between mani branches to be blocked with bolts??? i thought somethin about an sfi box in standard form but dunno really

pass side end of the mani, a friend suggested it might be somethin to do with the brake servo??

Correct, vacuum pipe from brake servo goes there.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Jamie-C]
Edges 58

28th Nov 11 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie... Awesome! Thanks mate
vx-scottw
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hows it coming along dude
Edges 58

28th Nov 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vx-scottw

Ok surprisingly, got the next 3 Friday and Monday's off work so long weekends to do the conversion starting this week got a few more bits to get but should be sorted by the weekend
vx-scottw
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ok surprisingly, got the next 3 Friday and Monday's off work so long weekends to do the conversion starting this week got a few more bits to get but should be sorted by the weekend

Crana

28th Nov 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Should only take two days with a few mates helping you
Edges 58

29th Nov 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but I'm gonna stitch weld the front end and paint the bay so let that dry too
Edges 58

29th Nov 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Filling engine mounts with sealer; I wanna stiffen the mounts for the XE, what stuff do you have to use?
AlexW

29th Nov 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tigerseal or anything stiff.
mike56gte

29th Nov 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate

really is a great engine! need vids of it when you get it fired up so i can hear it once more

if theres any little bits you think you need or any questions about bits of the engine etc etc dont hesitate to send me a u2u.

all the best with it mate.

p.s will get coil and throttle cable to you asap. just hard getting along to the car without a licence anymore. lol
Edges 58

30th Nov 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mike!! There will be loads of vids as my mate loves his camera
mike56gte

1st Dec 11 at 03:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thanks mike!! There will be loads of vids as my mate loves his camera

nice one
Edges 58

2nd Dec 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started the conversion today, 5 hours work in before it got too cold for my liking.

back on steel wheels for the conversion

because this is where its staying for the week/weekend

got the front end off, was gonna remove the wing for access but theres loads of rust in the corners so cant be arsed with that

after a couple hours

took off the scuttle and the little plastic shit shield under that, found the pollen filter...... should there be a cover on it as there wasn't.... :/

so, all the cooling system has been disconnected, all wiring on the engine disconnected, just need to take fuel lines off and drop the engine out tomorrow! happy days!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Frost Blue 20XE - FOR SALE, may Split 23 database queries in 0.1118071 seconds