corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Garden Ideas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Garden Ideas
JohnnyR

User status: Offline
20th Mar 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, so it's getting to the point where I can start doing bits and pieces outside now, after work and at weekends. We've been in the house since November 09 so this will be our second summer and I want to get something done to the garden and make it a usable space.

I've attached a couple of pictures below, your usual new build shape garden. Anyone got any tips or ideas for what I could do? The garden faces east, so the sun hits the left hand side of the garden for most of the day and towards the top left hand corner in the evenings.

I want to try and include an area where I can grow a few things. Also, I want to replace the paving slabs that are down at the minute, with either decking or some nicer paving. Not sure which, at the minute, pros and cons of each?

ps. Different shade in garden is due to me running out of grass seed when I put it down last year Bought some more and will be laying that in a couple of weeks.

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by JohnnyR]
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any plans of a conservatory?

Im in exactly the same position, just moved in, gardens same shape, just quite alot wider, and the sun hits the right side.

I have no idea what to do, but i plan on a conservatory in the near future, so i think its best to leave decking behind back doors until thats on, other wise it will be a waste

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ben G

20th Mar 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our garden is the same basic layout, albeit wider due to having the garage at the side and i came up with this in paint:

the grey is the conservatory and garage door, light brown is decking, green is grass obviously, and then the dark brown are flower beds.

quite a basic layout but definitely better then what we have at the moment.

edit: i've messed up there, garden is 43ft, god knows why it says 36ft

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by Ben G]

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by Ben G]
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a nice design there.

I need something along the side fence on the right, to take advantage of the sun at midday.

Cavey

20th Mar 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We ended up just doing a simple thing like that, flower beds round the border, ideally we wanna extend the patio another couple of slabs to the right, but we've got a kid on the way and want to try and keep a lot of lawn as well, the beds at the back are about 1.5-2m at their narrowest, 4m or so for the Apple tree in the middle, and probbly just under 1m up the side along the jurrasic park fence.
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 meters? you sure? it looks smaller than the fence panel

Cavey

20th Mar 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe bit over exagerrating on it, it's further than it looks on the pictures tho
Dan
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. I was looking and thought it was a bit weird. Looks good so far. Time consuming stuff isnt it

Cavey

20th Mar 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took me ages last summer to dig it all out, tons of soil as well, put it all behind the garages in the end

finally got it all dug out, used 30odd kg of top soil and now it's over-run with weeds so gotta get it all sorted again once the weather gets better!

The apple tree is doing good though and that was all we really cared about. Need to get a good lot of challicing along the fence this year though, hopefully get some climbers going
Kathryn W

20th Mar 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have potential to do quite a bit with that!

We're having ours re-done after 2 years of neglect! Cant wait till its finished!
JohnnyR

22nd Mar 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No plans for a conservatory.

Want a nice seating area for a few people and a couple of places to grow stuff.

Quite like the idea of the below, although what would be best for growing in something like that?

Marc

22nd Mar 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need me one of them

New Poll