corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » crank seal change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crank seal change
danny90

User status: Offline
13th Mar 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi im wanting to change my bottom crank seal iv had a leak for months now so i done the obvious and changed sump gasket and nut while the sump was of i gave it a clean put it back together still got the same broblem after 2 weeks and i can see where the oil is leaking from now iv cleaned the sump and its running down from the pully its not much oil leaking but just want it stoped its the drivers side crank

how hard is it to change and what do i have to do and buy thanks

[Edited on 13-03-2011 by danny90]
Scotty C

13th Mar 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cambelt off jobbie I'm afraid
danny90

13th Mar 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh i kndw that had 2 cum of il put a new 1 on . i need 2 know how 2 get the puly of n wat seal i need n all tha
Mark.W

13th Mar 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same problem i had,i thought it was the sump gasket so took it to my local garage for them to change it then get a call not long after and they said it was coming from up in the timing covers and was either crank seal or oil pump gasket.

So thats where my car is at the moment getting the whole lot done belts pullys gaskets ect so im expecting a pretty bill On Monday or Tuesday
johnhara1

13th Mar 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get bottom pulley off just whip flywheel cover plate off and stick a screw driver in.

Put the car in 2nd and then use a breaker bar to undo it.

danny90

14th Mar 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mark yh thats where mine is leaking from its always 1 thing after another lol

john ill av a go next week got a few days of work were do i get the seals from what do i look for thanks lads
dean101287

14th Mar 11 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I done my timing belt to get the bottom pulley off I just stuck the car in 5th gear, get someone to put the brakes on and then undo the bolt on the bottom pulley
danny90

14th Mar 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u do all this from the underneath of the car or do i have to take the driver side wheel off and the hubs n all that

New Poll