corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread
MJFF88

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great start! Not such a great put stop. Shame
Ben J

17th Apr 11 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton on it now.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastards gonna win this GP! Don't think Vettel will last without Hamilton getting past!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ben J

17th Apr 11 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's English FFS.

I hope he fucks all over Vettel

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by Ben J]
Tommy L

17th Apr 11 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't stand Vettel.
Ben J

17th Apr 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet he takes him off. CUNT.
Ben J

17th Apr 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GET IN
BarnshaW

17th Apr 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love webber, i genuinely hope he starts getting better luck as he deserves to win a lot more then he does
Conway563

17th Apr 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to Webber +15 places is very impressive
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
He's English FFS.

He's an arrogant twat!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ben G

17th Apr 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow. just wow. brilliant race.

hamilton and webber, fantastic drives.

bit sad that people still put hamilton down even though he's one of the bravest and most aggressive/best drivers out there.

get a grip.
Ben G

17th Apr 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i think hamilton is actually in a decent position being 3rd.

can't remember how long the start line is away from the 1st corner but being behind vettel and getting a slip stream and kers could work well for him.

saw it last week and will no doubt see it again.

should've put a bet on
Ben J

17th Apr 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh Hamilton is like the old style F1 drivers like Mansell etc who isn't afraid to battle and pass etc.

Although I love JB, if he'd been behind Vettel, it would have taken him ages to get past if at all.

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by Ben J]
Cavey

17th Apr 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was awake at 810, but thought 'the last 2 races have been a bit poo, i won't bother watching it' ... guess i should of then?
BarnshaW

17th Apr 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its on again this afternoon, defo watch it
Ben G

17th Apr 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the best races for non stop action i've seen in over 5 years of watching f1, cavey
Conway563

17th Apr 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best race in a long time, battles all through the field
Jamie-C

17th Apr 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing race, one of the best I've seen! Great drives from both Hamilton and Webber, pleased for them both
AndyKent

17th Apr 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was incredible. One of the first times in a while I've watched every lap in detail. Usually the middle third of the race I drift off and do something else before the end but not today. The combo of tyres, DRS and KERS works brilliantly!
Whittie

17th Apr 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great race!! So glad Lewis did Vettel!

Bet Button was pissed off when he wasn't concentrating when Lewis overtook him, and WTF was he doing in red bulls pits

Webber had an amazing race, was his luck to come 4th after starting 18th... but fully deserved the podium!

Seriously good race! Can't wait for Turkey now, will be some major battles there after today.
AndyKent

17th Apr 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button LOL!
emicen

17th Apr 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load crap F1 really has become.

This DRS system is a load of nonsense. Can only assume someone has introduced Bernie to the Fast & Furious franchise. Oooh, a button to guarantee passing. What a load of shit.

As for being able to use it all the time in qually but only where Ferrari Internationale Assitance say so in the race. Pfft, combine that with qually fuel loads you might as well try out each others cars at the same time. Bugger all reflection to what you're going to race with.

Pinnacle of motorgames, its no longer motorsport.
Rob_Quads

17th Apr 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you think of Turbos in the old days? It was not much difference to the DRS except you could use it at any time.

I think the DRS was actually quite well sorted today. You still needed some skill to get pass someone as the DRS alone was not enough it still needed some good driving at the corner
emicen

17th Apr 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
What did you think of Turbos in the old days? It was not much difference to the DRS except you could use it at any time.

I think the DRS was actually quite well sorted today. You still needed some skill to get pass someone as the DRS alone was not enough it still needed some good driving at the corner

I dont understand why the commentary team tried using the turbo boost of the 80s to justify the DRS system as its not the same at all.

The turbo boost was variable at the driver's discretion. It was not a button you pressed for a Fast & Furious style NOS overboost.

You could turn the boost up if you had the fuel to run it, the engine life to survive it and the tyre life to handle it. But, SO COULD THE GUY INFRONT.

All they have done is realise F1 is a load of shit with no overtaking bar the pits and modified it so you dont have to make the pass, the car does it for you.

How is this a good system? If you spent 75 out of 76 laps 1.5 seconds infront of the car following you and cocked up in one corner on the last lap, you should be able to defend to the end and still win. In this new nonsence system, you drop to 0.9s ahead of them, the hit the straight, DRS on, pass made, thats you fucked.

Absolute joke. Let them all use it all the time or get it to fuck. KERS already is designed to give them a straight line boost for overtaking.
Rob_Quads

17th Apr 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you prefer the previous few years when the majority of races were just a procession where by the position you qualified was the position you finished. If not what would you hav done to change things?

There were a number races last year where there were less than 10 overtakes ! in the whole race across the top 8 cars after the first 2 laps.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1041119 seconds