corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread
emicen

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Did you prefer the previous few years when the majority of races were just a procession where by the position you qualified was the position you finished. If not what would you hav done to change things?

There were a number races last year where there were less than 10 overtakes ! in the whole race across the top 8 cars after the first 2 laps.

- Downforce down
- Ride height up
- Steel suspension components

Lengthens braking zones and puts the cars in a position where wheel to wheel with a rub doesnt equal race over.

I dont prefer it the previous years' frankly shit racing. However, I dont see how disadvantaging the leading car to force an overtake is racing either. Why not just give them NOS buttons on the steering wheel

I made the exception getting up this morning to watch the race. I doubt I'll bother again, its just so false.
AndyKent

17th Apr 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 is all about downforce and carbon. Whats the point in taking it off across the whole lap - you might as well just watch GP2.
Nath

17th Apr 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That race was far from boring. Normally F1 is on in the background, but I actually watched all of this one.
emicen

17th Apr 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GP2 has overtaking. QED.

I saw maybe two good overtakes. ie not an overtake simply by using DRS to out drag someone in to the hairpin.
Ben G

18th Apr 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

emicen did you even watch the race yesterday?

if so, i take it you sure people trying to overtake michael schumacher in the DRS zone but were unable to for laps and laps,

theres no doubt it makes overtaking easier, but it also requires driver skill too.

makes me laugh, people moan and whinge theres no overtaking and f2 has become boring, so when they introudce something that encourages overtaking, people put it down.
Jamie Walby

18th Apr 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I knew as much about everything as Emicen.

I thought the race yesterday was fantastic, really entertaining and pleased to see Hamilton win! Was a bit disappointed Button couldnt hold on to a podium position but what a drive from Webber! He deserved that podium massively!

What was Button doing in that pit stop What was he thinking?!
Russ

18th Apr 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen

How is this a good system? If you spent 75 out of 76 laps 1.5 seconds infront of the car following you and cocked up in one corner on the last lap, you should be able to defend to the end and still win. In this new nonsence system, you drop to 0.9s ahead of them, the hit the straight, DRS on, pass made, thats you fucked.
g.
if the guy behind kept up for 75 laps and didnt make a mistake then he is surely the deserved winner
stuartmitchell

18th Apr 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DRS is a great idea. Totally admire the drivers for being able to coordinate:

DRS
KERS
Changing gears

....and overtaking all at the same time

emicen

18th Apr 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

if so, i take it you sure people trying to overtake michael schumacher in the DRS zone but were unable to for laps and laps,

theres no doubt it makes overtaking easier, but it also requires driver skill too.

makes me laugh, people moan and whinge theres no overtaking and f2 has become boring, so when they introudce something that encourages overtaking, people put it down.

By lap 40ish I'd got so bored I fell asleep, so I'd seen one overtake in to turn one and umpteen DRS back straight efforts.

I'm not saying it doesn't take skill, you're still trying to haul up a car from 200mph without overshooting under braking and with no driver aids. But putting together a section of corners to carry more speed on to a straight, naturally outdragging the person infront then getting the pass under braking is more of a challenge. Or nipping at the driver infront corner after corner to force a mistake.

I don't slag off all measures to encourage overtaking, for example KERS because its available to both drivers and they judge when to use it and can use it in response to a challenge.

This system just amounts to F1 hobbling the car infront as soon as the following car gets close, to force a pass. Its simply not a fair or rational system IMHO

Bold bit because seemingly having an opinion and explaining your reasoning puts sand in Jamie's fanny
Russ

18th Apr 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LukeD

18th Apr 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i can remember that was probably the best F1 race ive seen in years!

DRS and KERS plus the faster wearing tyres as made it exciting and more appealing to watch. There as been a number of times when these wernt available when the races use to be boring and honestly made me fall asleep; who wants to watch a race with a lack of overtaking where qualifying normally determines who will win?; i dont.
Jamie Walby

18th Apr 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

By lap 40ish I'd got so bored I fell asleep, so I'd seen one overtake in to turn one and umpteen DRS back straight efforts.

I'm not saying it doesn't take skill, you're still trying to haul up a car from 200mph without overshooting under braking and with no driver aids. But putting together a section of corners to carry more speed on to a straight, naturally outdragging the person infront then getting the pass under braking is more of a challenge. Or nipping at the driver infront corner after corner to force a mistake.

I don't slag off all measures to encourage overtaking, for example KERS because its available to both drivers and they judge when to use it and can use it in response to a challenge.

This system just amounts to F1 hobbling the car infront as soon as the following car gets close, to force a pass. Its simply not a fair or rational system IMHO

Bold bit because seemingly having an opinion and explaining your reasoning puts sand in Jamie's fanny

My fanny has never been so sandy since you started posting TBH
Andy Stocker

19th Apr 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked Webbers comment about not bothering with qualifying and just turning up Sunday for the race with all his fresh tyres
Jamie Walby

19th Apr 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has a point though, just cruise round in Q1 to be within that 107% rule and smash it Sunday with the fresh tyres.

Would there be any interventions from the FIA if they did that though?
AndyKent

19th Apr 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason his strategy worked was because he (1) has a fast car and (2) went onto a better tyre strategy than those around him.

If the others had got their tyres right he'd have needed a good qualifying to still be up the front.
Jamie-C

30th Apr 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feels like its been ages from the last race!
Ben G

30th Apr 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is there not a race on this weekend? bored out of my mind. having withdrawal symptoms.
Jamie Walby

30th Apr 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MotoGP is on Ben. Get on that.
Ben G

30th Apr 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully it rains cheers.
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st May 11 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTCC was on today too I only caught some of it though

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
emicen

2nd May 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit weird F1, BTCC and even my local club racing all have big gaps in the season this year
Ben G

2nd May 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon bernie ecclestone murdered osama bin laden.
emicen

3rd May 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bernie would have sold the TV rights first
Kerry

3rd May 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bernie would not get his hands dirty!
Ben D

3rd May 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_6912243,00.html

Basically Ferrari are going to own/run F1

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0977490 seconds