corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Scotland - 2011 - YOUR Region, Get Involved! (General Plans)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland - 2011 - YOUR Region, Get Involved! (General Plans)
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   17th Feb 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At long last there are some fresh faces up in here, to organise meets, attending shows etc.

I'd like to put in place a monthly members meet, locations varying to be accomadating to all members.

For our monthly meets i'd like to suggest the FIRST Sunday of each month. (With March 6th being the 1st)

I'd also like to get as many Scottish members to Total Vauxhall @ Crail this year.

Anyone attending PVS/Trax etc, would organising a convoy down be something people would be interested in (Nearer the time of course)

Also if anyone knows of upcoming events in Scotland drop me or Adam (am4nf) a u2u with the details of it and we will organise interest for a club stand or just arranging a meet at the event.

I should be able to get about a bit more this year as i start a new job on Monday so may be able to travel further than the town centre

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by Archie]
Archie
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would also like to know how people would feel if i approached CCUK Scotland region to attend our meets/join the site.

At the end of the day we all share a mutual interest/love, and it would certainly boost our numbers.
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asking CCUK is a good idea mate, I'll be up for meets when ever, I'm even buying a Corsa to contribute a bit more to the site
mike56gte

17th Feb 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would try my best to go to as many as i can.

where is the first one going to be?
am4nf

17th Feb 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
I would also like to know how people would feel if i approached CCUK Scotland region to attend our meets/join the site.

At the end of the day we all share a mutual interest/love, and it would certainly boost our numbers.

Ask them to un-ban me while your at it
Mertin

17th Feb 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monthly meets is only going to work in a region where there is a good number of local lads.
Ok people can travel, but monthly meets are meant to be kinda convenient and local?
How many would attend say an Aberdeen one?
bazzaa

17th Feb 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:
Originally posted by Archie

Ask them to un-ban me while your at it

and me
AK

17th Feb 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just my 2p worth ( I wont be attending any meets as such but events if they are of interest)

Monthy seems a bit to frequent: Do you really want to see each other that often?

Quarterly (4 times a year) may work better and achieve higher numbers if the location is rotated. (Glasgow/West, Central, East, and North - Aberdeen)
Pete_vxl

17th Feb 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Monthly meets is only going to work in a region where there is a good number of local lads.
Ok people can travel, but monthly meets are meant to be kinda convenient and local?
How many would attend say an Aberdeen one?

Nibdey haha. Its a great idea but will fizzle out after 2/3 meets. We had acouple in edinburgh and it was good but interest gradually fell away.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Feb 11 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My advice to the staff is to travel around.

Obviously if you've had good meets in the past in one location then it's worth re-visiting but people further away who want them should also have the chance to do something close as well.

Ultimately it's a big compromise as you're never going to choose a location which suits everyone every time you meet. I would ask that members support the ROs in their decisions and support whatever the plan becomes in the interests of getting the region strong.
am4nf

17th Feb 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the monthly meets are more south west orientated tbh, but anyone is welcome, we have a good amount of members down this way and it wouldnt make any sense for us to travel for maybe one or two other members to turn up from a different area if you get me

As an example look at the glasgow meet last year, naebody turned up

But robbie and a few of his mates have been down for a few meets about ayrshire

EDIT: By that am no saying we wouldnt set the meet location to glasgow

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by am4nf]
am4nf

17th Feb 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get me wrong though, hopefully myself and archie can come up with good locations that suit a lot of people
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Feb 11 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll never suit everyone and you need to be realistic about that - but the members also need to support whatever the staff come up with.

Regular day means people can plan. And you get to travel around a bit and see the region. That for me is a win-win. Obviously you guys have a bit more travelling to do as you have by far the biggest region, but it's certainly very positive to get the year underway with some plans in mind.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Feb 11 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go to a Glasgow meet
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Events are the best thing, more people would be interested in say go karting for example, I'd happily come for a chat and some food and what not at various locations, I'm in Glasgow twice a week at the minute, it's 45 minute drive so not bad for me at all.

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by DannyB]
am4nf

17th Feb 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, I agree and it would be good to get regular meets going with good numbers
am4nf

17th Feb 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go karting would be a great laugh
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little attempt at advise from me with regards to the quieter areas. Obviously NWNW is a lot smaller than Scotland but I still have that problem of there being 'out of the way' places. For example, when heading North in our region, you get to Preston and then there's very little in terms of members above that point but there are still a few that seem interested in meets but can't justify the, at least, hour and a half long drive to where we have most of our meets (anywhere between Preston and Stoke).

What I try to do is make a big thing of a Cumbria meet, try to get the regulars involved, make it a full day, nice drive round Cumbria then onto a pub for some food (NWNW meets are always based around food ). So if there is interest over Aberdeen way, try and find a nice drive over that way so it's worth your regulars time for the great drive they get plus it makes the 'out of the way' people feel like they're being involved in your plans then hopefully you can have a happy region with healthy turnouts and usually the better the turnout, the more motivated people are when the next meet comes around and they wanna get involved again
sri boy

17th Feb 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U know me a will go to anything and help out about Glasgow and ccuk sounds god as am building a c z20let leh hybrid lol good luck to adam n Archie 2 top guys for the job
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You anywhere near Kings Park Robbie?
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Feb 11 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike is right - I'm driving for over an hour to eat great cake.
sri boy

17th Feb 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You anywhere near Kings Park Robbie?

Aye not that far away from there bud how wats up?
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mrs lives there and I'm up there a few times a week, will have to give you a buzz and come for a chat
RCoughtrie

17th Feb 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one lads

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by RCoughtrie]
Archie
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liking the positive response.

A think the only way we will ever get ALL of Scotland members together will be at major events.

I personally intend to spread the locations of meets and am willing to travel, i cant speak for Adam on this.

I will post on CCUK later on and see who would be interested in coming to our meets.

Bringing more C's on would be good for the site's image in general as its widely associated with B's.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Scotland - 2011 - YOUR Region, Get Involved! (General Plans) 23 database queries in 0.2042460 seconds