corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone Talk to me bout M3's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone Talk to me bout M3's
Colin

User status: Offline
16th Feb 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missing my paddle shifters & downshift baaarp very much indeed!!
Phillips_91

16th Feb 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
My Jeep managed 8.5mpg the other day

I'm getting about 170odd miles to £30 in the MX5, I think that's bad

im getting 165 miles to a full tank in a 1.4 corsa sport

thats without bootin it aswell
corsa120

16th Feb 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is everbody says they dont wanna pay for broken parts what exactly is LIKELY to break i dont mean coilpack as that can break on any car but i mean something proper no body seems to know thus meaning a big problem could be more unlikely than is likely........

searching ive found full service with valet for 500 quid and ive found rear tyres for 160 quid corner soooo like people have said do some reaearch and even basic running costs can be kept to a acceptable level.........

so many people say if you have to ask you cant afford like previously said in this thread thats silly..... as long as something is within reason etc etc there is nothing wrong with educating yourself on basic costs...... end of the day we all long to own something special one day even if its for short period just to say you had one..... thats life......!!!!!!!

we are all happy to buy astra gsi's knowing thats a turbo is 1k a pop each time it blows and no body batters an eyelid to this.......

im buying an m3 soon and it is a risk for me kind of wont be used for work as i use pushbike..... but if something did break proper i could be in trouble but ill take that risk...... i have another car and motorbike i could sell raising 6k if worst case happened
pow
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something wrong there, for some reason my Mum is getting a good 36MPG out of her automatic supercharged merc!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 of my coilpacks went at the same time so i changed all six, was £27.37 for all six at trade price

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Warren G

16th Feb 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Something wrong there, for some reason my Mum is getting a good 36MPG out of her automatic supercharged merc!

big engines dont work hard on the motorway, hence why there fuel consumption wont be bad, iv seen petrol 1.8 insinga's/ zafia's in the low 20's

Im not bothered about 'running cost' as it own it for a few months, just want to know what there actualy like on fuel
Colin

16th Feb 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get on M3cutters Warren, thats the best owners forum, plenty byers guides and info on what to look out for on there.

The cracked rear sub - floor seems to be the biggest, BMW's been honoring a repair if the cars got fsh but thats bound to dry out as its a massive job!!!!
chrisritch

16th Feb 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

how does she drive though?
Jambo

16th Feb 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Get on M3cutters Warren, thats the best owners forum, plenty byers guides and info on what to look out for on there.

The cracked rear sub - floor seems to be the biggest, BMW's been honoring a repair if the cars got fsh but thats bound to dry out as its a massive job!!!!

The Z3s suffered a similar problem. I was under the impression only pre 2001 cars where affected?! I could be wrong though

Alternator is £600 to fix BM price I managed it for under £200.

I wouldn't want £160 tyres on a 340bhp rwd car. Conti's which are factory fit where around £220 a corner
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just drove mine for the first time since Saturday morning.
God I love it

gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren stop hanging out with fad

Although I can see you in a cab with the roof down with a lean

Laguna seca cab with red leather for me please

I got an insurance quote when shopping around before christmas x3 the amount of my modded civic

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Warren G

16th Feb 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omfg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-BMW-M3-SMG-/260726986417?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cb48a16b1
Warren G

16th Feb 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the smg box exactly? is it a semi auto?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-BMW-M3-E46-SMG-FULLY-LOADED-53K-MILES-SAT-NAV-TV-/130486791734?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e619e6e36
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, semi auto

Graham88

16th Feb 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
omfg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-BMW-M3-SMG-/260726986417?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cb48a16b1

I wish So sexy!
Colin

16th Feb 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Semi Manual Gearbox.

Basically you can have it as a fully electronic auto mode (not torque biasing like normal auto's) which is quite good for traffic or lazy thoughtless driving......nice to have.

At any time you can intervene with paddles or stick (kind of porsche tip style up/down) & it performs down changes when you stop at junctions so you dont need to faf about & just pull away in the right gear. Then at any time push the stick to the right to go back to auto.

Its got a gearbox sensitivity selector which determines how quick the changes are, & S6 mode if you take off the TC which feels like something really should be falling off with the clatter that comes off the diff, its fucking ferocious!!

Its got Launch control too =D

Get one!! Just make sure its got warranty or you have money sat to fix it!!

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by Colin]
Warren G

16th Feb 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

semi auto,so ist a manual box with electronic actuators?

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by Warren G]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manual box with a small ethiopian changing gear for you

Colin

16th Feb 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its hydraulicly opperated!!

Its got a very expensive pump that can break so must be hydraulic!

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by Colin]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats why its so expensive
wrote that before you added the second bit

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by Tomnova16]

deano87

16th Feb 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When dad had his the rear springs went after 17k miles. The BMW garage didn't think this was an odd thing to happen.

Also his alternator went.

Apart from that we had no issues. I remember seeing better MPG at 80mph than 70mph.

SMGII is for the posers. Manual is for the drivers. Dad had one with SMGII then did a track day in a manual and wished he had a manual for the driving experience.
Colin

16th Feb 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New SMG pumps something like 2500 quid!! Used one from a breakers over a grand!! Although it did used to make the hairs on my back stand up every time I had it in S6 mode whacking a downchange at 6k rpm just to hear Biff-clatter-BBBRRAAAAMMMM hehe
Colin

16th Feb 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fixed rear springs at bmw then had another one snap after 250 miles!!

Eibachs ftw if it wasnt under warrants & they got done foc....I think the bill from BMW to replace rear springs & they would only do them in pairs was about £400!!

Set of eibachs - £90 & fit them yourself if its not got warranty, its not a big issue.

Ive not heard of any alternators or starters go.
big eck

16th Feb 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was 99% certain I was having an M3 as my next car but the running costs were nearly on par with my Evo which put me right off as I was using it as a daily.

Everytime I see one tho I kinda wish I just bought one for a while. There absolute mince in the snow which also put me off as snow is an everyday occurrence up here just now lol.
Colin

16th Feb 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

SMGII is for the posers. Manual is for the drivers. Dad had one with SMGII then did a track day in a manual and wished he had a manual for the driving experience.

Your 'dad' cant drive for toffee then, SMG II's fantastic driving experience, especially round a track changing up/down in 10th's of a second with the car rev matching for flawless changes without the driver having to take his hands off the wheel while cornering as with a sloppy manual!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone Talk to me bout M3's 23 database queries in 0.1144168 seconds