corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Injector Problem *urgent*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Injector Problem *urgent*
mar_cus

User status: Offline
11th Feb 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right,

I've got a corsa gsi with a C16XE in it and the engine is running fine, until my EML light pops on. Now the engine has just been rebuilt and has done about 2 "test" miles. I have done a paper clip test and i get error code #25 - which is low voltage on an injector. This has now been narrowed down to be injector 4. I began to investigate and take some voltage readings, injectors 1,2 and 3 all have a reading of around 13.8v and injector 4 barely reaches 1v.

So i went about replacing the injector section of the loom, as seen as the car is 16 years old and that part of the loom was pretty much perished, but the problem still persists!

I have had the problem before and i though it was the ECU, so i have changed that, so currently i have 2 ECU's which both have the same problem, which cannot be right. So initially i thought that the wire could be shorted to earth, or open circuit. I still have to check this, but if anyone has had a similar problem or has any solutions please let me know because this "part-time project" of mine is turning into a never ending project....!

Cheers x
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Feb 11 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try swapping injector 4 with one of the other ones in the rail - that'll rule out a fault with the injector itself, if the problem still lies with cylinder 4.
mar_cus

11th Feb 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Try swapping injector 4 with one of the other ones in the rail - that'll rule out a fault with the injector itself, if the problem still lies with cylinder 4.

Just done that with plug 3 and i can confirm its deffo electrical and not the injector itself!
mar_cus

11th Feb 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done a few more tests, and each earth to each injector plug has good continuity. Also, all the switched live wires are running @ 12v apart from the switched live in plug 4...
mar_cus

13th Feb 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
DERV-POWER

13th Feb 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to see if the pulse for the injector at the ecu plug
mar_cus

13th Feb 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DERV-POWER
you need to see if the pulse for the injector at the ecu plug

Do you have any info on the best way to test this is??
DERV-POWER

13th Feb 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like you did at the injector plug but at the ecu end. you'll need ecu pin location
mar_cus

13th Feb 11 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick question, i don't really know where the wires are going to after they go through my bulk head. Now i know where they are on the ECU plug, but do they go via anything before hand?

Atm i think the wiring goes in this order.

Injector > injector plug > 8 Pin black plug > ECU red plug

Is there anything between the 8 pin plug and the ECU plug?? Somebody has said about the tracing the wire back to my fuel pump relay, but i'm not sure if it even goes via that? Also, on the c16xe, which is the fuel pump relay if that is actually the case - is it the purple one right next to my ECU?

New Poll