corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing Sealant Along Sideskirts???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing Sealant Along Sideskirts???
MattyB

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a few weeks, will be looking to remove my sideskirts form my car......Thing is, sealant was run along the top of them when fitted. When i remove the skirts, its likely i will be left with a strip of sealant along the side of the car......

.....what can i used to remove it? bare in mind, that i cant use an acid etc as i dont want to ruin my paint. Is there any special bodyshop stuff available etc??

cheers in advance

Matt
Gambit

2nd Apr 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto Glym tar remover should lift off any leftover residue & wont damage your paint
AdamF
Premium Member

2nd Apr 03 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eraser wheel
bobothebear

2nd Apr 03 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silicon Sealant Remover will do the job brilliantly.
Only £5 online from Screwfix.
MattyB

2nd Apr 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads, thanks

New Poll