corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » App Store for Mac

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author App Store for Mac
Kerry

User status: Offline
6th Jan 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its out now peeps

Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.apple.com/uk/mac/app-store/

I hope you can sync your apps form iPhone to Mac, I dont wanna have to do all those ANgry Birds levels again
Kerry

6th Jan 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not. You cant sync from iphone to ipad..
Kerry

6th Jan 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing that annoys me is that you can put iphone apps onto an ipad but if theres an ipad version you have to pay again!

For example i got the original flight control on iphone then bought the ipad version and now ive bought the mac version!
adiohead

6th Jan 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need Snow Leopard ffs
John

6th Jan 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant concept, people need an app store now, the internet isn't sufficient for finding software anymore.
Tommy L

6th Jan 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't tell anymore if John is serious or not
Dom

6th Jan 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Brilliant concept, people need an app store now, the internet isn't sufficient for finding software anymore.

True.
What a prices like for software (office, iMovies etc) in comparison to buying it retail or from Apple stores? Might boot the mac and see what it's all about, although being completely honest i can't say i've purchased much software for the mac unless i've had to ie: Protools etc. Mostly five finger discount 'n' all that jazz
oceansoul

6th Jan 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ever happened to computer programs being called "programs"? Everyone calls them "apps" now thanks to Apple
noshua

6th Jan 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Money. Apple charge so much % or $ per sale right?
Dom

6th Jan 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua

No different to purchasing it retail. Although i'm assuming for products like Office etc where you can get it retail on a CD, in a box etc, they are charging the same price for a digital download copy?
Bart

6th Jan 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I can't tell anymore if John is serious or not

I think he is dissapointed with the Android App store after being spoilt by Apple.

These are sad sad times for John

noshua

6th Jan 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

No different to purchasing it retail. Although i'm assuming for products like Office etc where you can get it retail on a CD, in a box etc, they are charging the same price for a digital download copy?

What I mean is, say Microsoft decide to sell Office through the 'App Store for Mac', Apple will charge a fixed fee or % per sale - probably to 1) cover bandwidth and 2) for the 'privilege' of having it in the store (extra advertising, increased sales, etc).

Obviously a contributing factor in releasing this - although I suppose it'll be easier to keep track of updates for every application installed.
Dom

6th Jan 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

What I mean is, say Microsoft decide to sell Office through the 'App Store for Mac', Apple will charge a fixed fee or % per sale - probably to 1) cover bandwidth and 2) for the 'privilege' of having it in the store (extra advertising, increased sales, etc).

Obviously a contributing factor in releasing this - although I suppose it'll be easier to keep track of updates for every application installed.

Course, but it's no different than say PC World selling Office in that they'll buy it in bulk then sell it for more than the per bulk unit cost. So Apple will buy licenses in bulk and then add their mark up on this. Whether or not this cost differs from purchasing a retail copy i'm not sure (yet to check it out). But i suspect the cost for the digital download of Office on the 'App Store for Mac' is no different to purchasing a retail copy of Office from a store.
Similarly i bet you can't transfer these products/licenses between Mac accounts, so you can't sell it/get rid of it like you can with retail software.
Rob_Quads

7th Jan 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some interesting pricing bits going on now i.e. Apature - was previously $199 to buy on CD...now through the app store its $79 and for that you can legally install it on all your macs you own.

Have to say having played around with it, it works VERY VERY slickly. None of this which drive do you want to install it, do you want to create icons, are you happy with this license click accept. - 1 click and job done.

[Edited on 07-01-2011 by Rob_Quads]
Fro

7th Jan 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
http://www.apple.com/uk/mac/app-store/

I hope you can sync your apps form iPhone to Mac, I dont wanna have to do all those ANgry Birds levels again

angry birds =
Kerry

7th Jan 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
There are some interesting pricing bits going on now i.e. Apature - was previously $199 to buy on CD...now through the app store its $79 and for that you can legally install it on all your macs you own.

Have to say having played around with it, it works VERY VERY slickly. None of this which drive do you want to install it, do you want to create icons, are you happy with this license click accept. - 1 click and job done.

if this was facebook i would be liking this
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jan 11 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
1 click and job done.

This is the heart and soul of the App Store and the sole reason that people like my mother and sister will start purchasing software. This is bound to be a huge success.

New Poll