corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » replacing valve guides

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing valve guides
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 11 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be buying a head off a lad on ebay, says the inlet valves were replaced due to a snapped chain, he says hes checked the valve guides and they were alright but im thinking worst case senario..

i was thinking about replacing all 16 valve guides and wondered how hard they where to do.
davieslim

3rd Jan 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always had any of mines done at a local engineering shop as im sure the head needs heated up to push the old ones out then the new ones pressed in and the head cooled down

well i think thats how its done
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant imagine that it would cost a lot for the engineering place to do really.
sri boy

3rd Jan 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they ususaly knock out and press back in with some persuasion bud

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » replacing valve guides 22 database queries in 0.0115330 seconds