corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Version II
AlexW

User status: Offline
30th Mar 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U Replied
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purchased
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news

Mike, can't remember if I'd read it or not yet, but have you had it running at all since you fitted the exhaust and lambda? Battery should be good after a charge, although probably a bit heavy for your liking - it's a diesel one from memory, so you could lose a good few kg's if you swap it for a smaller one when you move it after Combe.
Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, not had it running yet, Chris broke the back of the ignition barrel and I cut an immobiliser wire so they need fixing first, well the immobiliser does, the ignition may be worked around with switches.

Smaller battery though, I like that idea
Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Towbar fitted on the van, still needs bolts tightening properly because my 3/8s ratchet wasn't upto the job and still needs electrics sorting as it went dark
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't need the bolts tightened, look at the Freelander towbar on our trip picking up the Pugga shell
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Don't need the bolts tightened, look at the Freelander towbar on our trip picking up the Pugga shell

That's EXACTLY why they need tightening, I can't have a 'spotter' in the back of the Transit listening for unwanted knocks
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just give it a wiggle when you put the cover back on after you've driven 60 miles
Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the case of finding a trailer to hire tomorrow, get in there before Ste
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Discount for two.

In fact, that would make collecting easier as well, we know you like trailers.
Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, Ste can collect whilst I'm grafting Discount sounds like a plan
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they can stack them I'll go get both.

I'm off after tomorrow.

Pissed off I didn't buy that one over Christmas. Bag of sand for an LM146. They're 1500 quid all day now.

[Edited on 31-03-2011 by Ian]
Ste
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just need to find a twin trailer for me and mike.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van won't pull a twin deck
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disco will.
Mike
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so you pull the twin and I pull your's?

So to speak

[Edited on 31-03-2011 by Mike B]
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you would be legal with the Brian now so if you can hire a twin I'll take the Disco instead of the Free.

I wouldn't imagine you'll find a twin deck to hire though, at least not locally. Shame as it would also be cheaper even at 15mpg.
Mike
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I've not come across one upto now, unfortunately they're not too popular
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 11 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the chap, but not at that price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-CARS-TRAILER-TRANSPORTER-RECOVERY-TWIN-DECK-/290544986954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43a5d4ab4a
Mike
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been looking at that one

There's another potential issue with Ste hiring after reading Barlow Trailers website just, he's mentioned trying to borrow a plant trailer that's kept up at the farm, if he can't get that he may be struggling
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 11 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOW-LOADER-YORK-LDS-40-3-Tri-axle-step-frame-trailer-/160558553452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256209196c

Makes that little thing look expensive.

I need to stop faffing and get a proper licence.
Ste
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll take the fastrac and take that on track too.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Mike
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 00:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argh, just realised the license issue also affects me because I haven't got it It got sent off for the extra entitlement to be added

Edit: I've just found another place which basically says anyone can tow it as long as they have the hirer's permission, not looked at prices yet tho

[Edited on 01-04-2011 by Mike B]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Right so you pull the twin and I pull your's?

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II 24 database queries in 0.0338869 seconds