corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » itunes help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author itunes help
Pop

User status: Offline
   21st Dec 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very quick question.

Basically I updated my Touch yesterday to version 4.2. It did a backup automatically before it started and off it went. Once it finished I was now on 4.2 but had no songs on the ipod They also seem to be missing out of itunes too (they have an exclamation mark next to them!)

Are they gone forever? If they are I can reload the CD's back in but it's just a bit of a ballache really.
Balling
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you never had the songs on the computer in the first place?
Backup only covers personal settings etc. while the sync. function covers songs, photos etc.
If you synced your iPod with a computer with no songs on, the computer will erase the songs from the iPod.

There's no way the songs could have been erased from your computer. I would think...

What does it say, when clicking on the exclamation mark?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Joe

21st Dec 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to find where the original files are, make sure the library is looking in the right folder for the songs.
Pop

21st Dec 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the quick replys, they helped jog my memory. All the songs are were recovered onto an external hard drive after the computer died a while ago.

All sorted now.

Cheers.

[Edited on 21-12-2010 by Pop]

New Poll