corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop Corsa vs st
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
10th Dec 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it pulled away when vtec eventually kicked in.lol.

4th at 60mph.Could have used 2nd
taylorboosh

10th Dec 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me my standard ibiza could stick with a lads xe round here
Eck
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would defo swap for an ek9 Scott. Just make sure its not kev smalls old one. That one is apparently a dug and got its arse handed to it by an SiR I'll be picking up an EE9 (not ef) next month as a toy Bring your car to the ft day? You too Nik!
gidged500
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's getting his st on Sunday now so I'll have a play with him if he will race me lol hopefully I should have my powercap fitted by then aswell should help I'll be sure to report , tbh if I don't win if I even come close I'll have a smile on my face his st £9000 my Corsa £2000
taylorboosh

10th Dec 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not all about a 0-60
sc0ott

10th Dec 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been offered one already but is completely standard. that standard it doesnt even have an alarm installed so ill be staying clear of that. should get a good spec'd one for around the same monies as mine so hopefully a straight swap in the end.
kevs old one had a stinking front bumper, lol. it didnt suit the car at all.
the sirs are around 170bhp are they not?

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by sc0ott]
Graham88

10th Dec 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh the whole cheaper car argument only comes from people who wish they could afford a better car anyway so I laugh at those comparisms.
mike56gte

10th Dec 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Tbh the whole cheaper car argument only comes from people who wish they could afford a better car anyway so I laugh at those comparisms.

tbh i made that comparison and i could have bought an 06 focus ST if i wanted to but i chose not to.
Graham88

10th Dec 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then that was your choice, but I doubt the guy with a 10k ST is even remotely bothered by being beaten by a 2k corsa cause guess what..........it's a corsa
corsa120

10th Dec 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrisritch ur local to me.......... fancy coming to mine to call me a cunt to my face old buddy old pal?????

its funny im fully aware of where my xe came from........ and its modified its just nobs like you who cant accept they are quite nippy...... i also own a mk4 astra gsi turbo with stage 1 230bhp come over to mine and you drive my xe corsa and ill drive my astra......... if u cant get it my corsa is as quick just about

ur the thick twat for not actually reading what i wrote i SAID performace alone an xe corsa will keep with a type r all day long in every other aspect the type r is better........... if u read what i wrote u would get this.....

ill change my phrasing on how cars have gone backwards as maybe i wrote abit too interlectual for you, tech-nol-ogy has mov-ed on but per-formance has not and even if it has moved on with cer-tain models its by a very small margin

all said and done i dont give a toss who cars is quicker or has more/less power etc etc cos racing on the road is pointless anyways which is why i only us my xe for trackdays now really my motorbike blitz's my bosses db9 who cares db9 is still better

graham the whole thing about not being able to afford a better car is bullshit, why do i own a 2.0 corsa yet after christmas will be handing over 13k for m3??????????????? mmmmmmmmmm

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by corsa120]

Eck
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance alone... I thought braking and handling were performance aspects

Aye Scott, SiR's are 170 with aircon etc so a 185bhp ek9 should be quicker!
Ellis

10th Dec 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa120

10th Dec 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true eck but now we are heading into a new discussion now what if the perfromance is measured over 1/4 mile or even 1/2 mile etc or any other style of measurment lol

tbh i may sound biased but i can keep up with my friend type r all day long straight or twisty road but then again so can my mate in his 106 gti so again who cares will take a brave/skilled driver to pull way from the corsa and pug in reality lets face it...... but just for the record so i dont get flamed THE TYPE R IS THE BETTER CAR but dont change the above does it
chrisritch

10th Dec 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
chrisritch ur local to me.......... fancy coming to mine to call me a cunt to my face old buddy old pal?????

its funny im fully aware of where my xe came from........ and its modified its just nobs like you who cant accept they are quite nippy...... i also own a mk4 astra gsi turbo with stage 1 230bhp come over to mine and you drive my xe corsa and ill drive my astra......... if u cant get it my corsa is as quick just about

ur the thick twat for not actually reading what i wrote i SAID performace alone an xe corsa will keep with a type r all day long in every other aspect the type r is better........... if u read what i wrote u would get this.....

ill change my phrasing on how cars have gone backwards as maybe i wrote abit too interlectual for you, tech-nol-ogy has mov-ed on but per-formance has not and even if it has moved on with cer-tain models its by a very small margin

all said and done i dont give a toss who cars is quicker or has more/less power etc etc cos racing on the road is pointless anyways which is why i only us my xe for trackdays now really my motorbike blitz's my bosses db9 who cares db9 is still better

graham the whole thing about not being able to afford a better car is bullshit, why do i own a 2.0 corsa yet after christmas will be handing over 13k for m3??????????????? mmmmmmmmmm

sorry internetz hard man

if your trying to sound smart, dont spell intellectual incorrectly you prick.

second of all.

your comparing a corsa hatchback with an engine from something for which it was not designed.

the focus st is a hatchback with the engine ford meant it to have, you cannot say that performance hasnt moved forward because its a modification that has done it.

oh yeah, and your a cunt

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by chrisritch]

Eck
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Intelectual
chrisritch

10th Dec 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?

tbf i missed a letter, he added a letter

craig_s

10th Dec 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see the fan boys that know fuck all are here again.

chrisritch is a cock and knows fuck all.

performance hasnt moved on in certain models i.e. ep3 ctr.it has pretty much the same straight line performance as an old 90's hot hatch,so no they are not fast at all.
gez bay

10th Dec 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you need to be a brave/skilled driver to pull away from an XE corsa?
Are they all driving god's?
Ryan_G1

10th Dec 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

I drive a corsa b, i could easily have bought a focuz st, mazda 3 mps, ctr ect. But i didnt because i have more FUN in m CHEAP car. So theres your theory out the window
gez bay

10th Dec 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
i see the fan boys that know fuck all are here again.

chrisritch is a cock and knows fuck all.

performance hasnt moved on in certain models i.e. ep3 ctr.it has pretty much the same straight line performance as an old 90's hot hatch,so no they are not fast at all.

you keep saying 'fan boys'! Your the one who said a ctr is not a hot hatch ffs, so it is you who knows absolutley 100% fuck all.
Graham88

10th Dec 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my personal experience that's all I've found. I munch XE Corsas easily, and I've raced a few so I'm not really bothered about such comments. Even if one did beat me I'm still in a modern comfy car so it's such a stupid comparism....

I have lots of fun in my more expensive car, so that's your theory out the window too
gez bay

10th Dec 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with graham
craig_s

10th Dec 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
its not a performance car! its a weak hot hatch.
so what its got 200bhp,that don't make it a performance car.

stop being a fanboy and trying to comment when you know fuck all.

have you actually owned/driven any of the cars mentioned?

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by craig_s]

Irony. Saying someone else knows fuckall. Do you base all hot hatches on how much power they have? For it's all round performance, the CTR was the top dog for years. I'm aware an XE would be just as quick, if not quicker in a straight line as I've sat up the arse of a couple in my old Corsa, but that doesn't mean it's shit. In any other circumstance, the CTR is the superior car.

im talking straight line speed,oh and old ctr's may have been but the ep3 is NOT.

your saying i know fuck all yet you agree with me,you must know fuck all too then.
chrisritch

10th Dec 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with everyone except craig_s and corsa120 because they are bellends
corsa120

10th Dec 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha and ur not im from daventry mate bring it on.......

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st 22 database queries in 0.1990778 seconds