corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tint film

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tint film
slate58

User status: Offline
   30th Mar 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got myself some foliatec tint film in midnight black, like an idiot didnt check it all out b4 id paid for it, it says its only got 4% visible light transmission, is this road legal for UK or am I going to have trouble?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the back windows and rear windscreen can be midnight black, however the driver and passenger side windows cant be midnight black. also mate doing it yourself will probly make it look shit, getting it professionally done willl look so much better and its around £200!
slate58

30th Mar 03 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers m8, ill have to look into something a bit lighter 4 the front then, got a m8 who tints for a livin and hes gonna help me out. Ne idea what the min transmission im allowed on the front is?
willay
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember the transmission but its known as 'light smoke' anything darker is illegal, i got light smoke on fronts, and dark smoke on the back!
slate58

30th Mar 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers willay, ill get out there and find some come payday
willay
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome
Red_SXi

30th Mar 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe the legal limit for the front 2 windows is 35% light getting through.

There is also another law stating that only Vauxhall Nova's are allowed to be DIY-tinted with Halfords tinting films, for reasons of taste
slate58

30th Mar 03 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks red, now im seriously considerin saving 4 a proper job, ne1 know newhere in Notts where i can get it done by a pro and not pay the earth?
willay
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL red_sxi!, slat58, yellow pages!
Nailz

30th Mar 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did mine myself, never done it before, looks mint, just like wallpapering hehehe ,aslong as u got a brain u'll be able to do it
slate58

30th Mar 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would but thatd mean having to get out my chair and fetch it! Cant afford it yet neway so i'll find 1 wen ive got the readies.

New Poll