corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » evo 5 chip for c20let wot are peoples thoughts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author evo 5 chip for c20let wot are peoples thoughts?
danny678uk

User status: Offline
8th Nov 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi im after some thought on these chips was woundering wot ppl know abowt them r they a gud chip set to use?

thanks.
Jambo

8th Nov 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*good

Depends what you want out of the car and what setup you have. I always favoured the eds stuff myself but I don't think they are bad. It's been a while since I knew about this stuff so....
danny678uk

8th Nov 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jsut want a good healthy 300bhp from the engine will be running stanard turbo wid vxr injectors 3 inch top hat xe inlet cam with vernier. and a cossie actuator so you would recommend it then? cheers for ur reply.
Jambo

8th Nov 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said my memory is sketchy as I sold mine a few years ago but from memory the evo5 gives that figure so long as you had the inlet cam a decent exhaust and the other bits you had should just garuntee that. You got arps?
thegsi

8th Nov 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you will be able to run 300bhp on the Evo 5. I had many fulling issues when mine went on Evo 5 and when it started touching 300bhp. My main advice would be make sure you run some updated fuelling components like a Walbro fuel pump, decent FPR and some cold ish plugs.
wwwNOOBcom

8th Nov 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even phs2 would see 300 on a good turbo
allyp

8th Nov 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother is running evo 5 in his calibra turbo, he has no issues with it, it runs well although he hasn't had it on the rollers to prove otherwise. definite improvement upon standard although we did have to add the frontera intercooler, afpr, enlarged top hat and boost pipes and 3" exhaust and k&n panel filter
danny678uk

8th Nov 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes got arp rod bolts ,flywheels bolts oh and also got a walbro fiel pump. also wot sort of fuel issues did u have cheers?
thegsi

8th Nov 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny678uk
yes got arp rod bolts ,flywheels bolts oh and also got a walbro fiel pump. also wot sort of fuel issues did u have cheers?

Found it difficult getting a nice easy medium in pressure between cruising and under load. Once I put on the Walbro, Cossie reg and Cossie plugs we got it as best possible. People may differ and each car is different but running that sort of power on an aftermarket chipset you will never get the fuelling perfect across the range anyway.
danny678uk

8th Nov 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right will have ago with the chip set if not happy will run a phase 2 chip set thanks for your advice ma8.
thegsi

8th Nov 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny678uk
right will have ago with the chip set if not happy will run a phase 2 chip set thanks for your advice ma8.

No problem. Bare in mind even though people do run 300+bhp on phase 2, they tend to run comfortably up to 280bhp so if you're aiming for 300bhp, Evo 5 is your best bet.
danny678uk

8th Nov 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya ive been told tht will just run evo 5 then.
C2VXL

8th Nov 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found it difficult getting a nice easy medium in pressure between cruising and under load. Once I put on the Walbro, Cossie reg and Cossie plugs we got it as best possible. People may differ and each car is different but running that sort of power on an aftermarket chipset you will never get the fuelling perfect across the range anyway.

I'd have to agree with you there. For what you pay in comparison to aftermarket managment, it's a cheap alternative. Getting rid of the evo5 chips are on my 'to-do' list.
dale87

9th Nov 10 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking of going either evo 5 or eds phase 3 chips but i also have a dastek unichip that i was thinking of fitting instead.

would the unichip be better than the chipsets if mapped correctly? would it be better at getting the fuelling correct? or am i better off sticking with the chipsets?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » evo 5 chip for c20let wot are peoples thoughts? 22 database queries in 0.0230060 seconds