corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Interior Neons

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interior Neons
buffcore_laney

User status: Offline
28th Mar 03 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I'll be the first to admit I know knack all about electronics

So, with that in mind...

I want to put some neons (with cig adapters) in my footwells and under my front seats. Now, I've got them in at the moment, but they're running off the interior light. As in dodgily wired.

I know you can run them off the battery and have a switch for them, its just I don't know how. Its the whole "big-nasty-battery-gonna-kill-me" thing that I don't like.

So yeah, what do I wire up where?

Laney
jm960326

29th Mar 03 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to have them so you can switch on without ignition, wire direct to battery. What you do is take live feed of battery into one neon, out the neon into next and so on to the end, then earth the end on the car body. Put a switch in line somewhere and then this will interupt the power supply so you can turn them on and off. I would prob fuse it too, near the battery not sure what size fuse though, think 5amp would be plenty, but check the neons so how much power the draw!
buffcore_laney

29th Mar 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I kinda had that in mind.

How do you get a live feed from the battery? I -did- say I had knack all knowledge

Laney
jm960326

29th Mar 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Behind your glove box is a rubber thing that with some force you can get a wire through to the engnie bay, comes out just behind the battery. If you dont wana do that find a permenant live behind the fuse box, just use a small test lamp screw driver and plug it onto wire when it lights you got a live feed, could take a spur off that?!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Mar 03 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or buffcore, get all the crap you want to plug in, neons, some switches etc, ring up a auto electricion, they normally dont charge much, tell them what you want and they can quote on how much labour and parts, i believe it will be cheap! if you want to take advantage of the visit, get everything you plann to install like you might be thinking about exterior neons too, then get all the kit and get it done in one big job :>

New Poll